Author Topic: Interest of BTA is a little low. do we need to increase it to attract people  (Read 2911 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Any dilution to increase interest rates for a certain class of assets should be shouted down.

Agreed! If we do this, we're no better than all those stupid PoS coins that try to lure users by offering huge staking "interest rates."
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Any dilution to increase interest rates for a certain class of assets should be shouted down.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
...consider this idea also:
what about we add as interest the difference of total dilution  50 BTS/block minus current dilution (now for example 7.78 BTS/block)
that means 50-7.78 = 42.22 BTS/block given as interest to BTA ?????

Guys, please stop suggesting that we dilute BTS in order to provide interest on bitAssets.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
This idea cannot be called "free market", which is the goal of bitshares.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Overthetop

Let's just set 200% interest rate and then we can all be rich!

200% interest means 16.7% per month , I think no one would take the risk like that to short BTA.

However , If we set the lowest interest as 5~8% for a year , the shorter would take the risk.

Personally, I shorted about 10 times at the interest around 16% (for a year) just because I could take the risk about  1.3% rise in value a month , so if the system set some kind of the lowest interest value , it is OK.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
now BTA have interest supply by who short BTA.  but it is too small. and float. I don`t calculate how much it is . but I estimate it less than 4%. it is less than YUEBAO,
how about set a Min interest of BTA.  it mean if someone short BTA, he must supply a MIn interest . of course he also can supply a extra interest like current. and the min interest is set by delegate like feed price. call it feed interest. but interest only change one time by a long period like 3 months .
on early stage of BTA developing ,there have little exchange in BTS client ,so less fee increase interest of BTA, but can set high MIN interest to attract people reserve they wealth to BTA.  after BTA is popular. we can decrease the interest of BTA .

+5% +5% +5%

...consider this idea also:
what about we add as interest the difference of total dilution  50 BTS/block minus current dilution (now for example 7.78 BTS/block)
that means 50-7.78 = 42.22 BTS/block given as interest to BTA ????? (That will of course reduced when more delegates pop up with increased  payrates)
That means only when ALL 101 active delegates manage to take ALL 100% payrate then the added interest from dilution will go to 0, (that will likely never happen since we will have delegates with lower payrates at any moment in time plus when the market cap  increase to much some of them will be forced to decrease payrates)
after all untill then, the transactions should be so much that the interest from the shorts alone etc. should be high enough.....  please imagine the positive impact of that !!!    ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:59:50 pm by liondani »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Let's just set 200% interest rate and then we can all be rich!

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Overthetop

I got the same idea with it  :D

If BTS sets the lowest interest like 8%  of the annual revenue, then ppl can put more money into the system in the form of BTA with the confidence to receiveing the meaningful profit.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline wuxuqiang

• View Profile
    • 比特股中文网
  • BitShares: web1024
我是"比特股中文网"站长:吴序强  欢迎光临我们大家的网站:http://www.BtsABC.org   比特股网页钱包(帝国版):https://bit.btsabc.org

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
now BTA have interest supply by who short BTA.  but it is too small. and float. I don`t calculate how much it is . but I estimate it less than 4%. it is less than YUEBAO,
how about set a Min interest of BTA.  it mean if someone short BTA, he must supply a MIn interest . of course he also can supply a extra interest like current. and the min interest is set by delegate like feed price. call it feed interest. but interest only change one time by a long period like 3 months .
on early stage of BTA developing ,there have little exchange in BTS client ,so less fee increase interest of BTA, but can set high MIN interest to attract people reserve they wealth to BTA.  after BTA is popular. we can decrease the interest of BTA .

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091