Author Topic: Referral Program Starting Today  (Read 11707 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
You could also register a domain name and redirect the traffic with your referral link.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Mainstream Argentinean press (what I'm aiming for) may not want to use my referral ID, in which case can the conversion rate of traffic from a specific source still be measured in the absence of a referral link being used?

register an ID called "page6" , no one would notice .... :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Mainstream Argentinean press (what I'm aiming for) may not want to use my referral ID, in which case can the conversion rate of traffic from a specific source still be measured in the absence of a referral link being used?

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Just be careful with this referral program. It can open another straw man argument of Bitshares being a "ponzi scheme". So just be careful.

Also the fees should go 100% to the network in my opinion. The DAC needs to make as much profit as possible.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
We have put in the basic tracking on various sites to gather the data necessary for our referral program.   We have not yet decided on what the rewards will be, so for now you will be participating on speculation that you may get something.  Of course, you may not get anything either.... it is still under development.

If you would like to get credit for signing up new users to the BitShares ecosystem then you can add "?r=bts_account_name" after every URL on my blog or bitshares.org.

If someone follows one of your links and ends up registering an account with BitShares via the faucet then "bts_account_name" will be given credit.   

We are working out more advanced referral incentives, but this should be good enough to get you all started.    Now go and spread links and generate traffic!

can you expand it for bitsharestalk.org also because I want to drive some traffic to my delegate campaign at "BTS Delegates" thread...?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6406.0

Offline mint chocolate chip

bitshares.tv is included
links to your homepage that convert?

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
bitshares.tv is included
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline bytemaster

Will stats be public and/or available for the number of visitors sent to bitshares.org and the number of those sent that converted into registered users?

I have updated all the links on my sites with the referral string and would like to see the impact of my efforts.

We will be providing people a way to track their efforts as the system matures.  We are already collecting the data we need, but have not yet created the pages to view the results.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Will stats be public and/or available for the number of visitors sent to bitshares.org and the number of those sent that converted into registered users?

I have updated all the links on my sites with the referral string and would like to see the impact of my efforts.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
If you want to "mask" your referral link then do this:

?r=page1   

and then register page1 :)

maybe "?r=" can change to  "  ?list=    "

8)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

?r=page1   

I wonder how quickly pages 1-99 will now be registered  ;)
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline bytemaster

?r=page1   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

How does using a referral link that sends traffic to bitshares.org get connected to a user who then downloads  and installs the client from the site? The string is carried into the download?

The website knows who the referrer is via the URL (?r=stan) and can save that off somewhere. Then when the person "logs into" the faucet to create their account it can associate account "stan" with that person's use of the faucet. At some point later the data collected by the faucet site can be used to pay out referral bonuses if they decide to do that.

There are a number of ways this can be done on the back end but an easy example would be to match "stan" to that browser session id and then if they went to the faucet without the referral account parameter it could still be associated.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:02:01 pm by Riverhead »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Sounds promising. Then all users will have more motivations to promote BTS. +5%
BTS committee member:jademont