Author Topic: I'm having trouble with the latest version of the bitshares wallet. (v0.4.27.2)  (Read 2485 times)

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Version 0.5 still buggy: "an error occured while trying to start", then you need to delete config.json file to be able to start, but then last 26 weeks of blockchain are being downloaded again.

Sadly, Bitshares is one of the most bugged softwares I ever saw. I'm not here to FUD, that's a fact and I'm Bitshares bagholder. Too bad if whole idea dies because of so bad client implementation.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Do you know about what time tomorrow?  I just cannot get this last version to sync.

Its supposed to be released today.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
Do you know about what time tomorrow?  I just cannot get this last version to sync.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
new url is https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases
though a 0.4.27.3 does not exist ..
release 0.5 is scheduled for tomorrow

Please can you tell me where the newest Linux 64bit version resides? I'm getting the impression it's not on https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx  because people are talking about v0.4.27.3 and I just compiled v0.4.27.2 from that repository.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Please can you tell me where the newest Linux 64bit version resides? I'm getting the impression it's not on https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx  because people are talking about v0.4.27.3 and I just compiled v0.4.27.2 from that repository.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There are a few known performance problems that will be fixed with 0.5.0, coming out early next week. Sorry for the rough user experience.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
Hi there community,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out.  I just cannot get the latest version of the bitshares wallet to run properly.  First I ran into the problem where the wallet told me I already had an instance running.  I followed the fix for that and the wallet worked for a short time.  Next, the wallet app seized up while syncing, then the memory usage ballooned up to about 1.5 gigs,  and now the app freezes on the loading screen and then just disappears after a while and nothing else happens.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Are these problems common?  Are there fixes?

I've tried resetting the database, re-installing the app, and clearing the blockchain, none of it works. :-(   
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:28:20 pm by Princelucky »