Author Topic: Dev member incentives during the work of 1.0 protocol?(开发者效率激励问题)  (Read 3018 times)

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
LOL definitely not july, I think that is a jab at the unrealistic launch deadline we had made (march 15 turned into june).

The last protocol change happens with 0.8, scheduled feb 4th. If afterwards we only have stability upgrades then I think we should just call that one "1.0"

Good, I will spread the good news. Good work Toast!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I saw here 0.9.0 due by Feb., so 1.0 is close next?
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/milestones#userconsent#
I don't think the due dates on github are serious.
If it' true, devs may take it more seriously, otherwise it may lead to misunderstanding.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
LOL definitely not july, I think that is a jab at the unrealistic launch deadline we had made (march 15 turned into june).

The last protocol change happens with 0.8, scheduled feb 4th. If afterwards we only have stability upgrades then I think we should just call that one "1.0"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
What's the timeline of 1.0 anyway? I believed bytemaster might hint this at 1212 mumble meeting which I missed, and I can't access to soundcloud.com all the time for unknown reason.
I saw here 0.9.0 due by Feb., so 1.0 is close next?
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/milestones#userconsent#

But in chinese qq group many people told me 1.0 timeline is this July, and at best.

Also I can't find any existing specific post to tell which one is right, milestone or qq group.

I think 1.0 milestone is very important for BTS investors/speculators, so it's necessary to clarify this imo.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
$2500/mo is a full-time job for a skilled dev in a lot of places, and there is a lot of work to do that does not require getting caught up to speed

2500美元一个月是在很多地方可以找到一个全职的有经验的开发者了。很多工作不需要预先跟上我们的进度就可以做的。(译者注:就是让有这样能力又觉得这个薪金吸引的开发者来做比特股的开发者受托人)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is a PHP developer needed in the game ?
Know of one? Maybe he can peer review my shopping cart php framework for bitshares..?

steered him to see your github repo to take a look at it  .
6 years of PHP experience .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
$2500/mo is a full-time job for a skilled dev in a lot of places, and there is a lot of work to do that does not require getting caught up to speed

2500美元一个月是在很多地方可以找到一个全职的有经验的开发者了。很多工作不需要预先跟上我们的进度就可以做的。(译者注:就是让有这样能力又觉得这个薪金吸引的开发者来做比特股的开发者受托人)

Know of one? Maybe he can peer review my shopping cart php framework for bitshares..?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Language bariers in those places realistically skilled dev that will help us is $5k month starting fulltime maybe $2500 parttime
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline toast

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:47:50 am by cn-members »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Both are good options.

Dev effectiveness is hard to quantify, but peer review from other devs is good enough I think

We have the ability to out-recrecruit every other project in a way that self-selects for the right type of people *right now*.

Please translate this ^^

两个都是很好的选项。开发者的效率很难定量分析,不过我想开发者之间的互相评估应该是够了。
我们有能力用一种自我选择的方式去寻找合适的人选,这就是我们有能力去比其他的项目招聘更多人的原因。

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:45:53 am by cn-members »

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
additional solution :

Grab the attention of talented programmers from third world counties who are receiving less than 1000USD / month  salary.

Yes, but I doubt if these freelances would blend in quickly.

我不觉得这些兼职的人会很快上手。
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:49:34 am by cn-members »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
additional solution :

Grab the attention of talented programmers from third world counties who are receiving less than 1000USD / month  salary.

找第三世界国家月薪不到1000美元但同时具有很好的技能的程序员。
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:49:13 am by cn-members »

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
This is my first open post. If this would make any negative impact I’m sorry for that and it’s only my personal proposal for clarification.
1) 1.0 protocol must require many many work including start-from-scratch coding and on-chain testing (dvs chain).
2) No one, including talented person like bytemaster, bitmarket and many others in our community, can make real convincing marketing on a unfinished product imo.
3) From the following two posts, we could sum up that the dev team member is not so motivated in the perspective of salary. This is totally valid form theoretical point of view, many thanks for his frankness and willingness to have this open discuss.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12806.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12839.0
4) Lack of motivation results in low efficiency and poor product quality.
5) Above all, this is crypto world under high speed development. Unfortunately we are losing our earned early investors much more quickly and also losing our appeal to potential new investors whoever might watching us during every seconds we “wasted” (forgive my poorly chosen wording, I’m poor in English). Especially the year ahead us is believed to be the year of bitcoin 2.0 technology which means many direct competitors out there which are in full speed.
So, my purpose of this post is to consider applying a KPI program on the dev members during the work into 1.0 protocol using I3 fund or delegate pay as a bonus. I know this KPI program will need many work in creating itself. I really don’t know if this is feasible or not. I just feel we need 1.0 ASAP and present situation is not favorable of this aim.
Thank you.

主要讲述了在币价低迷的时候,受托人收入对核心开发者吸引力不大,可能会导致开发效率低的问题,建议用绩效指标去评价和奖励。
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:48:45 am by cn-members »