Author Topic: Bytemaster takes live questions from a world wide audience every Friday at 10:00  (Read 1664 times)

Offline fuzzy

:-*  That is why we do what we do for over a year now!

Yes! Have we communicated that collectively the way Stan presented it?  Pickering back and forth between communities doesn't move us any closer to either parity's goals. I think it's just a good reminder, especially for myself, that while our developers can't be involved in every single Bitshares thread that pops up on Bitcointalk, we are open to taking questions.

You are doing such an amazing job with it, I look forward to seeing members from other communities asking the tough questions. Would love to see questions discussing how our systems compare to BitHalo's smart contracts and NXT's monetary system as just one example.
[/b]

This bolded point is so good. 

I can only do as much as I can do and any time I can plug our hangouts with Dan to people who have positive AND negative opinions about the project, I do.  This is because it is one of the very Unique parts of the BitShares ecosystem.  If someone, for instance, writes a negative opinion piece about BitShares (for instance BitMarmot) we should gentrly pressure them to put their money where their mouths are and come on the server to debate Dan in a controlled, objective and grown up manner. 

Just think for one instant about how much press something like BitMarmot coming on to talk to Dan would give us if we used it right?  On another side, if he refused we could consistently go to his Negative comments about bitshares and inform his readers that he is not willing to come on to debate these issues publically with Dan and has been given the opportunity many times.  We could do this with his tweets, reddit posts and blog entries with ease.  Form a network of individuals working on the same level to help propagate it. 

In this way we can use the Hangouts to call out people who are selling BS and turn it right around on them.  Make them risk losing a measure of respect and authority from their audience and make them realize that spouting negative FUD about us is not worth it. 

We need to play upon the openness of our community and project and we need to leverage Dan's deep understanding of these things to be able to explain what is going on behind the scenes using the tools we have. 

Most of all we need at this point to work together toward a couple common goals and leave it at that.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Oh .. i didnt know freetrade is know.... though i think you get the message

Of course. I saw Stan talking about that in one of the Bitcointalk threads with the Cheers logo 'when everybody knows your name'. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Oh .. i didnt know freetrade is know.... though i think you get the message

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Any other crypto known besides bitcoin that is developed by known individuals?

Freetrade, sunnyking ... all annonymous

David Zimbeck (@dzimbeck) ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Any other crypto known besides bitcoin that is developed by known individuals?

Freetrade, sunnyking ... all annonymous

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Yes! Have we communicated that collectively the way Stan presented it?  Pickering back and forth between communities doesn't move us any closer to either parity's goals. I think it's just a good reminder, especially for myself, that while our developers can't be involved in every single Bitshares thread that pops up on Bitcointalk, we are open to taking questions.

You are doing such an amazing job with it, I look forward to seeing members from other communities asking the tough questions. Would love to see questions discussing how our systems compare to BitHalo's smart contracts and NXT's monetary system as just one example.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:00:10 pm by hpenvy2 »

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:17:17 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916696.msg10103985#msg10103985

"  BitShares is what it is.  It works.  It can recover if it ever does break.  It is a fielded system and we are aggressively building on top of it.  People should ask if they find its services useful and if they think it will appreciate given its growing feature set, strong community and self-funding mechanism. 

Bytemaster takes live questions from a world wide audience every Friday at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. 
We would love to discuss things with you there:
BitShares Global Teleconference "  *Stan

I already commented how much I love this in another post, I thought it was so meaningful I wanted to draw attention to it.   What a great way to address so many needless arguments in Bitcointalk while also engaging the overall crypto community.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:11:01 pm by hpenvy2 »