Author Topic: Can't see my account and block processing stalled  (Read 2020 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is the same problem I'm having....  the program just eats memory and cpu.  the blocks download, then slow, then stop updating (but still download) then the whole works freezes up.  I cannot quit the program without it crashing, and even after it leaves a memory-intensive process hanging.  the longer I leave the program running, the bigger the memory usage, I've seen it at over 2.5 gigs.  The last time I tried to access my account, I downloaded the chain and got to 12 days remaining, then it thrashed my hard-drive, crashed, and the next time I started it, it started downloading from 178 days again.

The program acts strangely, certain functions work, while others are freezing.  trying to access the market causes a freeze, while the account view works fine.  one version of the unlock screen freezes, while the one you can access from the drop-menu works.

does anyone have any ideas about why this version is so buggy?  what could the program be doing to require so much memory and cpu?  is the program dependent on some other program such as Java that needs to be updated for the wallet to work correctly?  is there some way that I could choose to install the 32-bit version?  are these problems only happening on the Windows platform, or is everyone experiencing issues?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13297.msg173971#msg173971

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
This is the same problem I'm having....  the program just eats memory and cpu.  the blocks download, then slow, then stop updating (but still download) then the whole works freezes up.  I cannot quit the program without it crashing, and even after it leaves a memory-intensive process hanging.  the longer I leave the program running, the bigger the memory usage, I've seen it at over 2.5 gigs.  The last time I tried to access my account, I downloaded the chain and got to 12 days remaining, then it thrashed my hard-drive, crashed, and the next time I started it, it started downloading from 178 days again.

The program acts strangely, certain functions work, while others are freezing.  trying to access the market causes a freeze, while the account view works fine.  one version of the unlock screen freezes, while the one you can access from the drop-menu works.

does anyone have any ideas about why this version is so buggy?  what could the program be doing to require so much memory and cpu?  is the program dependent on some other program such as Java that needs to be updated for the wallet to work correctly?  is there some way that I could choose to install the 32-bit version?  are these problems only happening on the Windows platform, or is everyone experiencing issues?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Wow .. odd ... there should be some debug_list_errors_brief in the console .. what are the last entries?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I have had the same problem for a month. Cannot access anything, it stalls on "catching up" every time I try to get the wallet to work. Reinstalling, resyncing the blockchain, putting in checkpoints, nothing works.
you have
- open connections
- free disk space
- firewall(?)

What's the output of "getinfo"? do you see the block number increase or not? are you stuck on a particular block?

I have free space and have open connections. The syncing works perfectly upon a fresh install until suddenly it just stops. It continues to have open connections and continues to appear to be syncing/downloading, but the block count doesn't increase. The stalling happens at a different block every reinstall.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have had the same problem for a month. Cannot access anything, it stalls on "catching up" every time I try to get the wallet to work. Reinstalling, resyncing the blockchain, putting in checkpoints, nothing works.
you have
- open connections
- free disk space
- firewall(?)

What's the output of "getinfo"? do you see the block number increase or not? are you stuck on a particular block?

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline funex

• View Profile
I noticed that a process was left hanging in the process list, although I had tried to close the wallet.
Killed it 30 minutes later, restarted the wallet and now strangely enough every works.

Thank you for the reply anyway.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can you run "getinfo" twice with some time in between and post the result?

Offline funex

• View Profile
Hi,

I hadn't opened my wallet for some months, decided to check it again and updated to the latest version 0.4.27.2.

I can't see my account, however I see recent transactions.
The block sync is stalled somewhere in the middle.

I also saw a notice: Signature is not canonical.
Code: [Select]
getStackTrace@app.js:27:17454
 ○ request@app.js:32:25344
 ○ app.js:30:60480
 ○ j@app.js:6:39741
 ○ app.js:6:27204
 ○ $eval@app.js:6:48397
 ○ $digest@app.js:6:47106
 ○ $apply@app.js:6:48723
 ○ f@app.js:5:92484
 ○ r@app.js:6:4852
 ○ onreadystatechange@app.js:6:5391

The wallet is eating 1.2GB of my station memory and 25% of CPU.

Any ideas? This is really throwing me off..