Author Topic: 2.2 mil vs. 36k, What is the problem?  (Read 6498 times)

Offline yellowecho

It's artificial volume triggered by bots on external exchanges.  BitUSD is real volume.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
NuBits is more easily accessible at low spreads on centralized exchanges. That's all there is to it.

In order to be competitive, we need to get market makers on exchanges.

Yes totally agree with this. I just asked some of my friends and they answered 1) accessible on exchanges 2) with small spread.
We need market makers who run bots on centralized exchanges. Maybe another opportunity for paid delegate?

Sounds like an opportunity for *anyone who wants to make money*. We don't need to PAY people to make money, and we don't need to support artificial walls which will disappear when we pull the plug but prevent real market makers in the meantime.

Another problem is that bitUSD/BTC is only trading on one exchange.

Clearly given the length of time BitUSD has been trading the opportunity/profit motive is not currently there to sufficiently incentivise market makers.

I'm in favour of getting the market ticking over if necessary so it looks more active on bter.

Having said that ther is 20 BTC volume on there today which isn't terrible.

I see at least three MM bots participating on bter. Maybe I will open source mine so we get more people there

Good. What do you think of BTS/bitUSD or BTS/bitCNY trading pair on exchange? Is it beneficial?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I think largely because the wallet is not friendly usable at all. We need smooth wallet and light wallet.

Even though people have light wallet, they cannot get bitUSD directly-they have to buy BTS from exchanges, send them to local wallet, and convert them into bitUSD. For now, active bitUSD market on central exchanges is a good solution to promote bitUSD, IMHO.

Yes, for temporary solution. Ultimately the solution is to creat a smooth local wallet, only where bitUSD and or the other precious bitAsset come from. Right?

Yes, light wallet and bitasset gateways.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
NuBits is more easily accessible at low spreads on centralized exchanges. That's all there is to it.

Yes totally agree with this. I just asked some of my friends and they answered 1) accessible on exchanges 2) with small spread.
We need market makers who run bots on centralized exchanges. Maybe another opportunity for paid delegate?

Sounds like an opportunity for *anyone who wants to make money*. We don't need to PAY people to make money, and we don't need to support artificial walls which will disappear when we pull the plug but prevent real market makers in the meantime.

Clearly given the length of time BitUSD has been trading the opportunity/profit motive is not currently there to sufficiently incentivise market makers.

I'm in favour of getting the market ticking over if necessary so it looks more active on bter.

I see at least three MM bots participating on bter. Maybe I will open source mine so we get more people there
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I think largely because the wallet is not friendly usable at all. We need smooth wallet and light wallet.

Even though people have light wallet, they cannot get bitUSD directly-they have to buy BTS from exchanges, send them to local wallet, and convert them into bitUSD. For now, active bitUSD market on central exchanges is a good solution to promote bitUSD, IMHO.

Yes, for temporary solution. Ultimately the solution is to creat a smooth local wallet, only where bitUSD and or the other precious bitAsset come from. Right?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

Soon, it will become two.
delegate-clayop

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:12:11 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

delegate-clayop

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

How would artificial walls work in BTS? We can't just print BitUSD at will. Any market maker would be a real market maker.

Aren't stock brokers paid to make money?

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

The point is that in exchange we are supposed to trade iouUSD, isn't it? So we still need to creat THE bitUSD in wallet market.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Last 24h volumes are 2.2 mil for Nubits and 36k for bitUSD. I don't think bitUSD is inferior than Nubits, actually bitUSD is better than Nubits in terms of design and security. Is PR the problem? Or people is so bullish that they don't buy bitUSD? No market maker? What is our problem?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

delegate-clayop

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Last 24h volumes are 2.2 mil for Nubits and 36k for bitUSD. I don't think bitUSD is inferior than Nubits, actually bitUSD is better than Nubits in terms of design and security. Is PR the problem? Or people is so bullish that they don't buy bitUSD? No market maker? What is our problem?
delegate-clayop