Author Topic: wallet_import_private_key failing to parse WIF?  (Read 2212 times)

Offline jamesc

While we're at it, the client confuses the BTS fee with a GATEBTC fee, so it won't let me send GATEBTC if I don't have at least 0.5 in the wallet. I guess this is a general problem with UIA's that you're already aware of but I just wanted to show it.

http://imgur.com/ScaKkVv
A preview transaction feature is being discussed for the market.   That is what is needed here too.

Offline jamesc

The private key has a different version number.  You can't edit it by hand.  It should be possible to check the version and use some magic to import it; lets see what they say at github...

Offline Rune

• View Profile
the easiest thing would be to go the other way round with the private keys ..
export a private key from one of your accounts and import them to electrum .. your that address to send BTC ..

I've already done that, and it works. But it's a hard sell to get ordinary people to go through with this, they'll have to use the console to get the private key, and have to send bitcoin to themselves and wait for confirmation twice before they can start trading.

Unfortunately with the long transaction scanning it seems like it's the only option... I'm still only halfway after 30 mins :P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the easiest thing would be to go the other way round with the private keys ..
export a private key from one of your accounts and import them to electrum .. your that address to send BTC ..

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I think the import private key would work if you specified an account name.

As for the GATEBTC fee problem I had the same problem, but it worked from the command line.

I will try with specifying an account name. I was able to import a electrum wallet through the GUI without any issues, but then it didn't show the GATEBTC transaction because I guess it's still configured to look for stealth transactions and now has to scan through the entire blockchain before it'll find the transaction :(

deprdoo

I think the import private key would work if you specified an account name.

As for the GATEBTC fee problem I had the same problem, but it worked from the command line.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
While we're at it, the client confuses the BTS fee with a GATEBTC fee, so it won't let me send GATEBTC if I don't have at least 0.5 in the wallet. I guess this is a general problem with UIA's that you're already aware of but I just wanted to show it.

http://imgur.com/ScaKkVv

Offline theoretical

Obviously, after posting this private key on a public forum, you should not use it for any funds.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I was trying to figure out the easiest way to use GATEBTC.

set up a fresh blockchain.info wallet and tried to import the private key into BTS, but I keep getting this error, even though to me the private key looks like it's correct?

>> wallet_import_private_key 5H2m3sfuRM51FwxeMURLto7sqZ58mgQYi7jrRxGAFKrK

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
false: Error parsing WIF private key
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1498 bts::wallet::wallet::import_wif_private_key

{"account_name":null}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1500 bts::wallet::wallet::import_wif_private_key

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:2748 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_import_private_key

{"command":"wallet_import_private_key"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:579 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command