Author Topic: Bounty Delegate  (Read 1819 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yes, I wanted to do this as well. Would support.
Thanks Toast

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I know what you mean. That's why I wouldn't want to manage the funds myself. But burnt shares that could have been used to save up and pay for someting useful is in my opinion a waste.

It's not a waste- I know it feels like it, but it's not. From that logic, all non-100% delegates are wasteful because they aren't being used to save up funds for future use. You can think of burning delegate pay as not being allocated funds in the first place.

You also have to consider that bounty size usually correlates with the time it takes to fulfill a bounty. Once you have people committing to a bounty, you can start to build up funds. As long as (bounty size) / (bounty time frame) < (128,000 BTS / Month), then there should be no issue.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yes, I wanted to do this as well. Would support.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Good idea .. but it will only work if you in general burn all (minus 3%) of the pay and only reduce the burn if you have to pay a bounty ..
There already was a discussion about something similar (i thing a legal delegate) which accumulates delegate pay until used ... but that involves to much trust (due to too much funds) ..

Excess of funds could be used for giveaways/faucets. Trade the BTS earned for bitAssets and distribute them on reddit and other areas of interest. This would also go nice along with our delegate rgcrypto as he could do some ads for this.

Now this got me thinking about what someone said of having some kind of "intro" when you open your wallet for the first time, explaining the basics. If somehow that was done, people could be re-directed to our newly created BTS stores and by some simple stuff with their free bitAssets. It could spark their interest.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Good idea .. but it will only work if you in general burn all (minus 3%) of the pay and only reduce the burn if you have to pay a bounty ..
There already was a discussion about something similar (i thing a legal delegate) which accumulates delegate pay until used ... but that involves to much trust (due to too much funds) ..
I know what you mean. That's why I wouldn't want to manage the funds myself. But burnt shares that could have been used to save up and pay for someting useful is in my opinion a waste.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% Go for it

maybe riverhead or the helloworld team can help you out!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Can we have a bounty delegate which would store 100% of transaction fees (have 100% pay).

On the forum people can post things that they want to have done and people can vote on what they feel is important and what the bounty amount should be.

The bounty delegate can then select someone to do the bounty and pay upon successful competition of the task.

The delegate could keep a small fee for doing this.

I would be interested in doing this myself, however I do not have the funds to register as a delegate and do not have the technical expertise to handle a delegate position, handle funds etc.

Would anyone be interested in partnering with to handle the delegate seat and incoming funds?