Author Topic: Facebook Insights - Important  (Read 3914 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Do you have the stats on what platform they accessing with? I would guess the majority is mobile.

Offline abelljefrry

Do you have the stats on what platform they accessing with? I would guess the majority is mobile.

Here's the indirect answer for Indonesia...

Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline Pheonike

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i would say, you get more customers for the money. maybe they can spend less, but they are more in need for a solution then US customers right now.

Offline abelljefrry

+5% for targeting Indonesia. Great potential for remittance services in SE Asia. USD are generally accepted in most of the big cities and tourist spots in Indonesia. So promoting bitUSD to Indonesian is not something far fetched.

When I first heard about Bitcoin back in the early days when it was worthless, it was from my Indonesian friends. Their tech and early adopter community are quite big and active actually.

Some interesting crypto projects in Indonesia:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113046/10-year-olds-are-mastering-bitcoin-and-dogecoin-at-green-school-in-indonesia
http://bitislands.com/

Here's the Indonesia board in this forum, maybe you can contact these two members to discuss further about their current economy and social needs.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3126.0

I live in the neighboring country, Malaysia. :)
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
It's 7x more costly per click in the US, but how much more money on average will they put into BTS?
+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It's 7x more costly per click in the US, but how much more money on average will they put into BTS?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Awesome data. I think we need more data all around, especially once they are entering our ecosystem.

How many of the people entering BitShares.org end up downloading the wallet and installing it? I tried campaigning a bit in social media and placing an ad past few days just to try it out and I got 500+ clicks to bitshares.org but *zero* people reached the point where they signed up with the faucet. High-score for all referrals is currently at a measly 5 signups via faucet. We also need to figure out how valuable each customer is once they enter the system. A group of investors may easily push a couple of million dollars into the system while it may take ten thousand new users from poor countries to get the same. Again for virality, some people have a hundred thousand followers on twitter while others have just ten.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

If you google 'online wallet' they come up on the first page, pretty good.

impressive, something to strive for there

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I understand your input Empirical and I am trying to factor it in.

The campaign I am focusing right now is the coming soon page of the mobile wallet of BitUSD.
Do you mean I should avoid Philippines altogether?

I mean, I don't know what infrastructure needs to be there for remittances. What will drive remittance demand? People in Indonesia or people in the US?

1) If I only target people who like blockchain.info on Facebook, I only have a 35-40k audience...no nearly big enough to run an ad for a sustainable period of time.

2) Also, I cannot target people in Ukraine and Russia on Facebook. I think they blacklisted the website.

3) There are a lot of english speakers in India and Turkey which allow me to keep marketing without having to translate the capture page in Turkish or Hindi.

The signals I get from my ad is that Turkey, India and Indonesia wants a BitUSD mobile wallet much more than US citizens.

Like I said, it currently cost me 7x more to market to US citizens than India, Turkey and Indonesia. Can we afford to educate a market that seems to be jaded about the crypto world? (in decline of popularity on Fb)

Another note is that
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:26:33 am by rgcrypto »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

indeed really good .. also DOge wallet
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
As I said on Nullstreet, Indonesia and the Phillipines is more in the market for remittance imo.
Our biggest market would be a blockchain.info site in multiple languages that made it easy to keep BitUSD & other Bitcurrencies. (Blockchain.info is the most popular Bitcoin site for a reason. It is also the 546th most popular site in Ukraine and 636th most popular in Russia. (BTC-e also ranks much higher in these countries (Top 1000) than English exchanges do in any country - This tells me those guys are actually using crypto-currency.)

Re-post...

My sense is the Phillipines is in the market for a remittance solution something like John Underwoods remitabit.com or a site/page we make that is targeted at remittance.

My sense is as Ukraine, Russia, Turkey,  Brazil, India, Argentina all had >7% inflation in 2013 and they're looking for exactly what BitAssets like BitUSD offer, an inflation hedge solution. Something simple like blockchain.info for a BitAsset wallet would probably be ideal for this market. (Or a page with just BitUSD local language description, BitUSD video and wallet - otherwise we actually risk losing a lot of the main BitAsset market to NuBits type offerings.)

Our exchange site BitShares.org though will probably appeal to English 1st language speakers who currently use Cryptsy/bter/Coinbase/BitStamp, hopefully alternative language BitShares.org versions will also have some wider appeal and not miss the actual target market for BitAssets.

I think this is the NXT version https://wallet.mynxt.info
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:30:38 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We need to focus the majority of our effort outside the US. This will give a sufficient volume to make it an easier sale to businesses in the US.

I disagree. We should put our effort to build ecosystem in the US. Other markets can be considered as submaket of US, ie people use bitusd for remittance. In my case, I cannot start a Bitkrw gateway until bitusd gateways exist because there is almost no demand except remittance.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
We need to focus the majority of our effort outside the US. This will give a sufficient volume to make it an easier sale to businesses in the US.

Which product of BitShares is best suited for Turkey, Indonesia or India? BitUSD?
And if so, who do we know how can create sales material for those 3 languages?

Offline Pheonike