Author Topic: DNS GET bts  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Wayne

• View Profile
Thanks!

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
QUESTION 1:  Is that it?  Since I have 2 different account names between DNS and BTS.  I only had to run "wallet_collect_vested_balances USERNAME-BTS" one time for the BTS blockchain right, and not for the DNS blockchain. I ask because I could check the balance of the USERNAME-DNS just fine, but when I tried to collect the vested balance it gave me an error (unknown receive acct).  As long as I had already imported the "USERNAME-DNS" json wallet I should now be receiving vested balances for both.  Correct?
The blockchain does not distinguish the sharedrops .. those are eseentially a database of publickeys and (veste) balances. Those public keys correspond to the private keys you have imported. From what I understood from your saying, you basically have all your funds (BTSX,PTS,VOTE, ...) in the same private key(s) .. thuse the vested balance will contain all those sharedrops ..

vikram wrote somewhere that the version 0.6.0 will have a command that shows the vested funds in more detail. maybe it becomes more clear then.

QUESTION 2:  Anything else that I need to reclaim?  Anything else big that I'm already missing out on?  Music?  Play? Sparkle?  RandPaul?  Vote?   NewPTS? 
if you have AGS you can reclaim them too ..
not sure about the other chain, as I don't have the time currently to get into them .. haven't claimed any of them myself :)

QUESTION 3:  Aside from just sitting back and trying to read the forum / reddit, I don't fully know what it means to be a delegate.  Should I be voting or become a delegate or something?  Am I missing out on potential interest that I could be earning?  Any links / info would be appreciated!
delegates sign blocks .. thus they run on a dedicated server .. they get voted into the top101 and are then allowed to do there job .. most delegates get a 3% pay which means 3% of 50BTS per block they sign .. some delegates have a business proposal and contribute (greatly) to the ecosystem and thus have a higher (up to 100%) payrate... if you have a good idea/way to contribute you should read the delegate pages in the wiki.bitshares.org

Interest is payed on bitassets .. it's also called "yield" and depends on the market activities. you can also read about it in the wiki afaik.

QUESTION 4:  I picked up a few extra DNS from BTER that I couldn't get transferred over in time.  Anyone know how they are going to distribute vested interest in DNS that are stored there?  Daily?  Lump sum 2 years from now?   :D
not sure about BTER .. i read an announcement from btc38 recently .. afaik they will also pay you the vested balance over the 2 years

Offline Wayne

• View Profile
I think I have the same question.

So I bought PTS a long time ago (when it was still called "protoshares", and then held them in my wallet.  They have never moved, and they hit ever single snapshot date.  Then I imported them into KEYID-DNS and received my balance there.  The BTSX -> BTS transition went smooth and continued to show the same balance.  So far so good!

Then I downloaded 0.5.1, all is still well.  It now allows me to import JSON wallets, so I imported the JSON wallet from DNS (MYUSERNAME-DNS), and it said that it imported fine (But didn't increase my balance).  *** All still okay though because it's vested, right?  ***

* FYI:  It's important to note that I have 2 different registered usernames between the BTS and DNS blockchains.  Hence the USERNAME-BTS and USERNAME-DNS references above and below.

Then I used "wallet_collect_vested_balances USERNAME-BTS", which imported the first day of the vested balances.  Awesome!

QUESTION 1:  Is that it?  Since I have 2 different account names between DNS and BTS.  I only had to run "wallet_collect_vested_balances USERNAME-BTS" one time for the BTS blockchain right, and not for the DNS blockchain. I ask because I could check the balance of the USERNAME-DNS just fine, but when I tried to collect the vested balance it gave me an error (unknown receive acct).  As long as I had already imported the "USERNAME-DNS" json wallet I should now be receiving vested balances for both.  Correct?

QUESTION 2:  Anything else that I need to reclaim?  Anything else big that I'm already missing out on?  Music?  Play? Sparkle?  RandPaul?  Vote?   NewPTS? 

QUESTION 3:  Aside from just sitting back and trying to read the forum / reddit, I don't fully know what it means to be a delegate.  Should I be voting or become a delegate or something?  Am I missing out on potential interest that I could be earning?  Any links / info would be appreciated!

QUESTION 4:  I picked up a few extra DNS from BTER that I couldn't get transferred over in time.  Anyone know how they are going to distribute vested interest in DNS that are stored there?  Daily?  Lump sum 2 years from now?   :D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:29:21 am by Wayne »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline dacs5051

• View Profile
How can I get BTS by DNS? Thanks.