Author Topic: Please Consider Voting for fuzzy.beyondbitcoin  (Read 9263 times)

Offline fuzzy

Re: Please Consider Voting for fuzzy.beyondbitcoin
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2015, 02:31:44 pm »
I don't mind supporting other DPOS blockchains as there's also a psychological battle of the blockchains occurring.

POW is looking extremely lonely in the top 10 despite dominating up till a year ago. As a result Bitcoin looks weak and vulnerable and this will manifest itself over the following year.

The more strong DPOS blockchains we have the stronger BitShares looks as the dominant DAC on the dominant blockchain. (Having said that I would push to cannibalise anything useful from any competitor.)

My only reservation with beyondbitcoin is that my impression is the viewership numbers are quite low. It's an essential service that should be funded but I would be reluctant to spend too much money on it, (as the value of a 100% position grows) if it wasn't popular in the sense it was generating reasonable interest & views from outsiders and new/potential BTS holders after a period of time.

This is largely where I feel I have a problem.  You see, we have offered this for a year+ with raw content and I have openly called out to the community to take that content and monetize it for themselves.  Noone has done so.  People have attended, but no investor chose to add onto this save perhaps Gamey to the limited amount of capacity he had had at the time.   This is also where things like RgCrypto's talk about Affiliate networks come in. 

We have all this content, but up until just recently no one to professionally edit it.  Emailtooaj has since stepped up to help on this front and has done it free of charge.  If you want higher quality content, step up and help or help pay others who are willing to work on it.  Contribute.

It seems we lack a level of coordination that is necessary to uplift all of us.  We should be utilizing our resources and coordinating efforts to build a common "toolkit" for use by all community members. We should be helping each other build informational social media sites and we should be sharing each other's content on all those networks. 

If I had reached out beyond the bitshares community to do these hangouts I would have been far more likely to build a team to help me in this...but I believe in DPOS over all other technologies for its ability to free markets and give power to the people, so I stayed here and focused my efforts here.  If viewership is low, ask yourself how you can help.  Ask yourself..."have I shared this content to the outside world?"  (you don't have to answer on this forum). 

I have said it before many times and I will say it again now.  Bytemaster once gave me a piece of advice that I will never forget.  When I was questioning myself...he said, simply, "Act".  The more I have learned in this journey the more I realize what he meant....He meant do what you can and know that it is far better than doing nothing. 

Right now is your chance to do something.  You can help in various ways, or you can vote for a delegate so I can pay others to help.  Or, of course, you can recognize that Beyond Bitcoin is a movement and not a person or a "media empire" and join it.  The choice is all our own.  I have made mine, now that ball is in all your court. 

Of course, if Beyond Bitcoin isn't your ball of wax, join Nullstreet and help one of those guys.  Or help Max Wright who is working on his own funds right now in hopes of bringing the marketcap to 160,000,000 before he gets paid a dime.  There are literally so many places we can all help and there are still so many delegate positions available...that there is no reason we shouldn't all be jumping at the ability to fund ourselves and potentially even reach out beyond bitshares to hire people doing valuable work for other networks and getting nothing in return.  This fear over paying me 1200 bucks a month...or even 5000 doesn't make any sense to me.  Have people stopped to think that maybe the reason we don't have much viewership is a significant lack of funding?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »
I don't mind supporting other DPOS blockchains as there's also a psychological battle of the blockchains occurring.

POW is looking extremely lonely in the top 10 despite dominating up till a year ago. As a result Bitcoin looks weak and vulnerable and this will manifest itself over the following year.

The more strong DPOS blockchains we have the stronger BitShares looks as the dominant DAC on the dominant blockchain. (Having said that I would push to cannibalise anything useful from any competitor.)

My only reservation with beyondbitcoin is that my impression is the viewership numbers are quite low. It's an essential service that should be funded but I would be reluctant to spend too much money on it, (as the value of a 100% position grows) if it wasn't popular in the sense it was generating reasonable interest & views from outsiders and new/potential BTS holders after a period of time.

I would love to see beyondbitcoin become a marketing department instead of just a place for insiders to hang out in it .

Mumble is just the form , fuzz is the core of beyondbitcoin . Fuzz can do a great job even without mumble . He'll just have to find the place where he can light the fire up .

For nearly a year we only use beyondbitcoin to know "what's going on" with the project , rarely use it as a place for marketing purpose . (by marketing , I mean to outsiders , not just us insiders to hangout . Insides can't add much more economic value to the system any more ) .

I think we should find a way to satisfy everyone to hook fuzz up to a brighter beyondbitcoin .

This^ 

With a couple vital exceptions.  I am not the core of Beyond Bitcoin.  ALL OF YOU are.  I had a vision of DPOS and its variations becoming new chains that build new industries and fix old ones...from the protocol level.  If you look back through all the threads on this forum you will never see me saying others cannot be a part of it.  In fact I have told others to be a part of it. 

Trust me I would love to see 10-20 volunteers all working on things like this and using the tools I have provided and the time Bytemaster has provided.  In fact, if that were to happen I would be able to accept any of the jobs that have come my way over the past year that would have easily paid me more than a delegate would have at twice this current marketcap...and still help.  It would be great to see.  I just haven't seen it (yet). 

Beyond Bitcoin is a decentralized movement...not a cenralized media empire.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:56:35 pm by fuzzy »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 01:25:08 am »
I couldn't agree with you more fuzzy!  I so appreciate your voice and couldn't imagine taking this journey without you.

We can coordinate with one another.  It wasn't so long ago in the BitShares collective consciousness that the impetus for widespread collaboration even emerged! through the >3% delegate coming into existence we have a much needed capacity to grow stronger as a working team, as we emerge into the 'wild', as it were, of this new frontier we are moving into. 

It takes a long time to turn a ship, and that only requires one person and a solid rudder. (hydraulics are useful too sometimes!)  This crew has made a few epic course corrections since a glimmer in the eye became a nugget of gold, forged in the hearts and minds of the intrepid i3.  As Bytemaster alluded to in the last mumble session, small is agile, big is mighty, but slow.

*What?  Stan gets rocket metaphors, so I call ships.. ;)

You're right.  You have always selflessly offered up Beyond Bitcoin to community involvement, and I sense you've had a lot of time to think about the untold many means of organization between the 'nodes' of this net we are weaving through our very existence and participation.

Honestly what impressed me most about this community before I was really 'all in', was its ability to adapt to changing circumstances and new reckonings on the fly.  We have a tremendous capacity in this regard and I think the ship (or fleet of ships) are arriving at a really ideal heading for the waters we travel.  A talented, and somewhat motley crew (my favorite kind) is coming together in a really organic and beautiful fashion.  This can sometimes be painful but also yield some amazing results!

From what I can tell of you so far fuzz, you're a rather humble soul, and humble as you are --- we will be your mirror, to let you know you have been a massive force in holding space for this community, in which many have gathered.
Sometimes people just take space for granted, while remaining fixated on the objects within.  Keep advancing the torch!  There was just some trouble about being too far ahead of your time, but the rest of us are catching up.  Imagine what BM goes through.

I support your delegate, and I'll offer help with video production once we are up and running on that front here!

I see us building an open-source diaspora-like social web for delegates to communicate and coordinate their actions so as to tap into the synergy inherent the 'edges' of our crew.  I know you took a crack at this one already!  We are evolving, and soon we shall emerge as a coherent entity with a force not seen in a long long while.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 07:27:14 am »
I support Fuzzy.

I think we just need to get the translation of beyond bitcoin mumble hangouts out to being content on news/informational/bitshares.org type websites and mumble is our key for that.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 07:43:52 am »
Bitshares are experiencing "based on shareholders " to "based on employees" to "based on users" transformation.
Hold on.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 11:07:06 am »
I couldn't agree with you more fuzzy!  I so appreciate your voice and couldn't imagine taking this journey without you.

We can coordinate with one another.  It wasn't so long ago in the BitShares collective consciousness that the impetus for widespread collaboration even emerged! through the >3% delegate coming into existence we have a much needed capacity to grow stronger as a working team, as we emerge into the 'wild', as it were, of this new frontier we are moving into. 

It takes a long time to turn a ship, and that only requires one person and a solid rudder. (hydraulics are useful too sometimes!)  This crew has made a few epic course corrections since a glimmer in the eye became a nugget of gold, forged in the hearts and minds of the intrepid i3.  As Bytemaster alluded to in the last mumble session, small is agile, big is mighty, but slow.

*What?  Stan gets rocket metaphors, so I call ships.. ;)

You're right.  You have always selflessly offered up Beyond Bitcoin to community involvement, and I sense you've had a lot of time to think about the untold many means of organization between the 'nodes' of this net we are weaving through our very existence and participation.

Honestly what impressed me most about this community before I was really 'all in', was its ability to adapt to changing circumstances and new reckonings on the fly.  We have a tremendous capacity in this regard and I think the ship (or fleet of ships) are arriving at a really ideal heading for the waters we travel.  A talented, and somewhat motley crew (my favorite kind) is coming together in a really organic and beautiful fashion.  This can sometimes be painful but also yield some amazing results!

From what I can tell of you so far fuzz, you're a rather humble soul, and humble as you are --- we will be your mirror, to let you know you have been a massive force in holding space for this community, in which many have gathered.
Sometimes people just take space for granted, while remaining fixated on the objects within.  Keep advancing the torch!  There was just some trouble about being too far ahead of your time, but the rest of us are catching up.  Imagine what BM goes through.

I support your delegate, and I'll offer help with video production once we are up and running on that front here!

I see us building an open-source diaspora-like social web for delegates to communicate and coordinate their actions so as to tap into the synergy inherent the 'edges' of our crew.  I know you took a crack at this one already!  We are evolving, and soon we shall emerge as a coherent entity with a force not seen in a long long while.

This makes me smile.  Your vision is very similar to how I see it too.

lzr1900

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:18 am »
Your delegate's reliability was very low,please look into it.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 05:47:45 am »
Your delegate's reliability was very low,please look into it.

Definitely looking into it at present.  Don't worry I will get this delegate exactly where it needs to be, please remember it has only been producing blocks for going on 3 days now.  I am working through the ticketing system to receive support from Chunkhost's side and if it cannot be fixed will be using a new provider in the coming days/week. 

I was directed to use Chunkhost awhile back...seems there is a latency issue with their server.  Please give me the information to join the delegate group on skype so I can receive notifications there.

Also, can someone please consider working on adding an RSS feed?  We really should be using that to update everyone instead of a Skype group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 01:54:51 pm »
Voted in  +5%

Looking forward to great things.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
if you didn't see it fuzzy, your delegate is always missing his block, you should update to 0.5.3

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 12:39:46 am »
if you didn't see it fuzzy, your delegate is always missing his block, you should update to 0.5.3

I did upgrade it.  There is something else going on.  Looks like it is fixed now though.  Will keep checking on it!

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:26 am »

I did upgrade it.  There is something else going on.  Looks like it is fixed now though.  Will keep checking on it!

It still shows that you are running ver 5.0 whereas you should be running 5.3 like everyone else is.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 12:56:36 am »

It still shows that you are running ver 5.0 whereas you should be running 5.3 like everyone else is.

It has been upgraded.  I am not entirely sure why it still is showing up as 0.5.0. but please remember here everyone that this delegate has only been up for a week.  Many of the delegates on here have had time to go through the "volatile" stages of running the delegates very early on so it looks far worse than it really is.  Just wait and see in a month where it is and you will see that the stats will look far better.  A rough start doesn't preclude a terrible end and this delegate will only get better over time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:39:53 am by fuzzy »

Offline wackou

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 08:43:33 am »
After upgrading your client, you also need to remember to publish the new version on the blockchain, you can do that with:

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_publish_version fuzzy.beyondbitcoin

Given that this is something that I have forgotten to do so many times, the bts_tools now have an option to do this automatically for you when they detect that the client has been upgraded. I will try to have this clearly explained in the docs in a couple of days, but I don't have a link readily available yet. There's a small section in the tutorial that quickly goes over it, though: http://bts-tools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/howto_monitor.html
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

sumantso

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2015, 06:19:44 am »
Since there is a 100% delegate now, I would point out that transcripts of the hangouts are necessary. Its all fine arranging more and more hangouts, but how many of us has the time to listen through all of it?

Don't get me wrong, Fuzzy, BM and the rest who regularly take part are doing a great job, but it takes a lot of time to listen through it. I have covered some 30 mins in total over the last 3 BM sessions, and didn't get into any of the other ones. A transcript would mean I would be able to cover it and stay updated in a matter of minutes.