Author Topic: Bitshares is asking for a password at startup. How do I restart it?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I have this problem for DevShares, I launched it once and did not input a password. Now I'm blocked. And I'm not able to find my wallet files on my computer... nor have I found a place where it's explained where my wallet is (I'm on OS X 10.9).

I think that this problem (blocking access even though no password has ever been entered) has to be solved, if it is not in the to do list, because it is quite frustrating.
Did you try to restart the wallet? Does it allow you create your password?
Wallet files should be in /Users/HOME/Library/Application Support/DevShares

Thanks ! I'm ashamed I wasn't able to find them by myself. I'm quite new to Mac and still a little bit confused about the filing system.
The renaming to "olsDefault" worked
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I have this problem for DevShares, I launched it once and did not input a password. Now I'm blocked. And I'm not able to find my wallet files on my computer... nor have I found a place where it's explained where my wallet is (I'm on OS X 10.9).

I think that this problem (blocking access even though no password has ever been entered) has to be solved, if it is not in the to do list, because it is quite frustrating.
Did you try to restart the wallet? Does it allow you create your password?
Wallet files should be in /Users/HOME/Library/Application Support/DevShares

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In the wallets folder there is a subfolder called default .. if you just rename it to olsDefault or so .. the wallet will start over again too ... no need to delete anything

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
if there is no fund in the wallet , then just  exit it from File menu ,

click

Win Start icon(colorful window icon on the left corner below) ,  "run"  ,
input      %appdata%/bitshares     , ok

then  delete the "wallet" file folder .  And start the wallet again .

This time , don't forget it !!!!
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline mughat

• View Profile
I am using bitshares v0.5.1 on windows.
I might have used an older version before just to test the system so I did not backup password. I have now forgotten the password.

How to I start from scratch?

Thanks
mughat