Author Topic: ADEPT (IoT and the block chain)  (Read 1779 times)

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
and that was the moment everybody wished they had a lot of etherum.

Hahah nah, you always loose money on a presale. Relative to bitshares I'm not that bullish on ethereum, but I'll probably buy ether once its traded on exchanges.

Not true at all. I made 5,500$ with 1 bitcoin in bitshares with no trading except to exit for profit. If bitshares had never made it above .00004 I still would have mad money. I read that the opposite was true for a lot of people. Not sure how
My goal was to payoff my truck which is what 5,000.00 did.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
They are NOT using ethereum's blockchain. They are forking it and making their own.

Eris industries (which employs our friend Preston) actually have the right idea regarding blockchains for industrial uses like this.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

clout

Hahah nah, you always loose money on a presale. Relative to bitshares I'm not that bullish on ethereum, but I'll probably buy ether once its traded on exchanges.

clout

I get the impression that DPoS is great for the coordination of human action but not as appropriate for the coordination of machines. How does the bitshares block chain protocol fit in the context of IoT, if it all?
How do you come to that conclusion?

How does IBM plan to secure their ledger? Does anyone know?

On the one hand the bitshares consensus process is centralized(at least in the short term) and trust based. These qualities are advantageous for what we are trying to do, but I think that what IBM is looking for in terms of the integration of the block chain with the IoT is more decentralized and trustless. I don't think we have yet seen an implementation of the block chain that doesn't require trust, which is why I don't know if ethereum is a solution ether.

I also think that we will need greater interoperability between block chains. I wouldn't say I'm a proponent of "one block chain to rule them all" but in the case of finance I do want to see one primary public network for financial transactions. With the internet of things however I think we will need thousands or even millions of block chain to coordinate the operation of the hundreds of billions of smart devices that we will ultimately interact with.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I get the impression that DPoS is great for the coordination of human action but not as appropriate for the coordination of machines. How does the bitshares block chain protocol fit in the context of IoT, if it all?
How do you come to that conclusion?

How does IBM plan to secure their ledger? Does anyone know?

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
IBM is using the ethereum block chain protocol to transform the IoT. They are calling their project ADEPT (Autonomous Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Telemetry). You can find the video of their demo at CES here

Its really great to see larger companies adopting the block chain. It seems like an inevitable progression.

Everything is coming together apparently.  It would be interesting to get BM's perspective on general SCs like the washing machine example and how DPoS would alter its use.

Thanks for the link.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

clout

IBM is using the ethereum block chain protocol to transform the IoT. They are calling their project ADEPT (Autonomous Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Telemetry). You can find the video of their demo at CES here and a comprehensive overview here

Its really great to see larger companies adopting the block chain. It seems like an inevitable progression.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:10:36 am by clout »