Author Topic: Anyone else on Ypool experiencing worse mining today?  (Read 4149 times)

Offline kfuzion

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else on Ypool experiencing worse mining today?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 11:49:56 pm »

Then, what pool is better?

I use http://ptsweb.beeeeer.org/ . I can't say that it's better, but the fee is only 3%. You'd have to test both, see which one is better after factoring in the fees. Ypool claims to be faster - I tried it once but had some issues with it in Debian.

Anyway, the payout for every mining method drops when difficulty goes up and block size decreases.

Offline arodrig

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »
Hi,
My earnings has decreased too with that new "share" change. All my machines are working as usual.
I have notified some disconnects from my machines due to last connection is 1 hour ago. I think that the problem comes from Ypool, but not sure.
I have read something about other pts pools and I want to ask something:
If is better mine directly to my pts wallet, why I only find miners associated to pools? Could anyone tell me a directly miner to my wallet?
Thank you!  :D

You're gambling if you solo mine. The Protoshare-0.2 wallet allows you to solo mine. The issue with solo mining is, where you'd get ~0.9 PTS if you make 4% of the shares on a given block in a pool (say that's 5,000 shares), you'd only have a 4% chance of getting the anything if you mine solo. You would get 22.1 PTS instead of 1 PTS, but much less likely. As time goes on, difficulty increases and your odds of finding a block by solo-mining decrease. It could take on average, a month to find a block if you're currently making 22 PTS/month. The issue is.. a month from now, a block might only be 19 PTS, and difficulty could go up another 10% (or however much), meaning you'd be most likely to find a block in perhaps 35 days, and a much smaller block at that.

So, even with the 3% pool fee, you're much better off mining in a pool, long-term. Unless, you have a ton of computing power - something where you could expect to find a block solo within 2 weeks - you'd probably need the equivalent of 50 server cores (which doesn't seem profitable, unless you have free trials or a server of your own).

Then, what pool is better?

Offline kfuzion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »
Hi,
My earnings has decreased too with that new "share" change. All my machines are working as usual.
I have notified some disconnects from my machines due to last connection is 1 hour ago. I think that the problem comes from Ypool, but not sure.
If is better mine directly to my pts wallet, why I only find miners associated to pools? Could anyone tell me a directly miner to my wallet?

You're gambling if you solo mine. The Protoshare-0.2 wallet allows you to solo mine. The issue with solo mining is, where you'd get ~0.9 PTS if you make 4% of the shares on a given block in a pool (say that's 5,000 shares), you'd only have a 4% chance of getting the anything if you mine solo. You would get 22.1 PTS instead of 1 PTS, but much less likely. As time goes on, difficulty increases and your odds of finding a block by solo-mining decrease. It could take on average, a month to find a block if you're currently making 22 PTS/month. The issue is.. a month from now, a block might only be 19 PTS, and difficulty could go up another 10% (or however much), meaning you'd be most likely to find a block in perhaps 35 days, and a much smaller block at that.

So, even with the 3% pool fee, you're much better off mining in a pool, long-term. Unless, you have a ton of computing power - something where you could expect to find a block solo within 2 weeks - you'd probably need the equivalent of 50 server cores (which doesn't seem profitable, unless you have free trials or a server of your own).

Offline arodrig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 06:25:00 pm »
Hi,

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »
Cheers for the info guys

Anyone know how long payouts for Ypool are taking at the moment? Been over 12hours since my automatic payout and the amount disappeared from my Ypool account, still hasn't shown in my wallet though
:/
Payments at ypool has always been patchy. I'd monitor the Chat on their website - jh00 (the pool admin) normally makes known any issues there.
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline kayosraver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 10:06:37 am »
Cheers for the info guys

Anyone know how long payouts for Ypool are taking at the moment? Been over 12hours since my automatic payout and the amount disappeared from my Ypool account, still hasn't shown in my wallet though
:/

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:00:14 am »
Anyone else getting the error merkleroot is invalid or corrupted. Update your miner?
Most of my machines are running fine with the same miner and the time correct so its not that, any ideas?

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 05:45:47 am »
I can confirm this. The last difficulty change was huge. At current PTS marketprices mining is no longer profitable. (1 PTS on ypool now costs about 30 Euros - for me.)
Maybe it pays out in the long run, when PTS goes to 100 or 1000. But right now it seems like we've reached bitcoin-mining status: buying PTS is more profitable than mining PTS - if you have to pay for mining machines and not just power costs. :'(

Offline DavaMinter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:06:27 am »
Taking a quick look at the pool performance,  it looks as though the pool has seen some slippage in block production in the last 12hours due to the difficulty bump

so I'd chalk it up to the pool not getting as many blocks and possibly you getting a little unlucky with finding shares.

Offline jh00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 03:00:20 am »
The network difficulty roughly doubled today, which reduces everyones earnings drastically. Be aware that this has nothing to do with our pool internal share difficulty, it's just a coincidence that it fell closely together.

Offline kayosraver

• View Profile
Anyone else on Ypool experiencing worse mining today?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 02:21:40 am »
Yo people,
My  machines are still running at the same rate, collisions/min etc.

My share rate has dropped though I'm assuming that's a result of Ypool doubling the share difficulty (can be seen on their twitter feed)- but they've stated this won't effect earnings.

Anyone got any ideas? I mean, I know you've got to allow some variance day to day, and over time difficulty increases but I've had a massive drop today of about 37.5% in earnings.

Cheers
K