Author Topic: I think Dogecoin is about to have a large rise  (Read 7228 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Would have been better in usd or btc.. Best to do opposite of wat people say!

To be fair, in the week after this post it didnt rise and started dropping, and I posted that I had sold and no longer thought it was happening.

But yes, anything has been better than BTS the past couple months. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker
Litecoin and SCRYPT are both toxic. DOGE should divorce LTC and change its algorithm.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Would have been better in usd or btc.. Best to do opposite of wat people say!
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

I think DOGED is going to have a rise.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:41:49 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Right now with all the pumps and dumps and volatility, I'm just playin it safe.

Go wide.

If I have an extra 100 euros, I just spread it across btc, ltc, drk, nmc and bts.
I don't have any doge cuz i hate the name lol :)

Taking any profits made just gets spread across the 5 accounts again. I would get doge too cuz of all the media hype for it but i just can't get past the dumb name, duh doge. duh damn dumb doosh doge
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The Doge did drop (~10% so far).  Of course BTS went down as well before going up a bit recently.  Mostly I had just wanted to post that I no longer expected the rise after it failed to happen in the first week.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Warning: Get out of Doge if youre in it, imo.  BTS is very cheap rightnow and DOGE looks dangerous to me.  The previous moving average crossover didnt result in anything and now they crossed again to the downside.

Au contraire, DOGE's been pretty stable amidst the chaos. We'll see how it goes, but I do think it'll remain so at least for the foreseeable future!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Warning: Get out of Doge if youre in it, imo.  BTS is very cheap rightnow and DOGE looks dangerous to me.  The previous moving average crossover didnt result in anything and now they crossed again to the downside.

It's been pretty stable actually. I think it's unlikely that it'll change in the near future.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

meanwhile BTC is getting run up again!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
wolong's back?

EDIT : Oh I see, OP didn't stay in the fight very long. I am disappoint.   :P

I don't like to stick with trades when they don't do what I expect within a few days, and DOGE didnt do what I expected.  (I only stick with long term investments like Bitshares that I am willing to hodl for all eternity and buy more even if they go down).

Tuck Fheman

wolong's back?

EDIT : Oh I see, OP didn't stay in the fight very long. I am disappoint.   :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:21:48 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'm all out of DOGE again as of yesterday at 62, and back in BTS.  Sadly, DOGE went down, but so did BTS, so I ended up with more BTS shares than before, though they are worth less.

This pretty much summarizes every trade for the past several months for me.  I manage to gain BTS "for free", but my BTS are worth less overall.

I was very happy to pick up a good amount of BTS in the 4150-4250 range yesterday on bter during some big dumps.  Especially as it was trading 5% higher on btc38 at the time.  I then had to market buy some more to get fully back in, which usually makes me feel really stupid the next day, but this time it looks like it might actually have been correct, as the price has continued to rise from there, and some big buywalls are between the current price and where I bought. :)

I still do think DOGE will get a big pump sometime in the coming months.  But after it broke below 66 it seems that this move will be delayed.  BTS seemed much more undervalued to me down in the low 4000s.  I'll probably try this trade again later if BTS rises significantly while DOGE stays at these levels.  (With only my trading potion of BTS of course, I'm not dumping it all for silly Dogecoins!).

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The "rise very soon" outcome has been negated, leaving two possibilities:  The bullish possibility that ~60 sat will provide support for DOGE as a higher low, and then we gradually move back up, completing the bowl shape, resulting in a parabolic move up later on (weeks?).  Or the bear possibility that DOGE continues to underperform bitcoin, destroys the bowl formation, and breaks below these support levels.