Author Topic: Why aren't the Delegates Posting bitOIL/WTI feeds?  (Read 2444 times)

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
provide an updated script that include BitOIL for delegate to use?

Offline onceuponatime

The real question is: who would short oil at today's prices? If/when we finally do get oil going, there's a good chance it will trade above the peg.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

has anybody mentioned shorting?
I assume many want to buy bitOIL now or at least in the near future ...  from a decentralized exchange like us, with minimum fees, security etc.

edit:
Now I get your point, somebody must short so they come into existence... ;)
I think at any point of time... somebody want to bet to the opposite side...
and don't forget traders that follow the trend and don't change their minds if they don't have indications that it will be reversed!

Apparently not in the bitSILVER market, lol

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The real question is: who would short oil at today's prices? If/when we finally do get oil going, there's a good chance it will trade above the peg.

has anybody mentioned shorting?
I assume many want to buy bitOIL now or at least in the near future ...  from a decentralized exchange like us, with minimum fees, security etc.

edit:
Now I get your point, somebody must short so they come into existence... ;)
I think at any point of time... somebody want to bet to the opposite side...
and don't forget traders that follow the trend and don't change their minds if they don't have indications that it will be reversed!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:25:31 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
There are OIL feeds we can use via metatrader brokers... these feeds can be fed to excel and then from there to any API or can use mt4/mt5 mql api to write out to a CSV file... many brokers offer oil CFD and its free to get the feed.

exactly!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
There are OIL feeds we can use via metatrader brokers... these feeds can be fed to excel and then from there to any API or can use mt4/mt5 mql api to write out to a CSV file... many brokers offer oil CFD and its free to get the feed.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

clout

even if we don't have real time feeds we should publish what we have...  only day traders would not use our OIL market...  the most are not...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

day traders wouldnt be trading in OIL/BTS markets they'd be trading in OIL/USD which doesnt need a feed

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
IMO the important question is - Do these "free" feeds allow re-publishing?
we are not obligated to give our sources...  and how would they know we are using their data if we make the price feed inputs manually... (like I do  :P  )

edit:
PS  not to mention when delegates make manually the price feeds input, it's easy to find the real time data and use them... ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:00:48 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
even if we don't have real time feeds we should publish what we have...  only day traders would not use our OIL market...  the most are not...

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
IMO the important question is - Do these "free" feeds allow re-publishing?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I believe there is a 15 min delay on most free feeds.

That would be fine for a price feed. I think the real answer is that we're lazy.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

deprdoo

I believe there is a 15 min delay on most free feeds.

Offline Rafikichi

• View Profile
So lame.  Why can't the bloomberg ticker be ripped off by a script to at least provide market exposure?

Offline monsterer

There are no free, real-time sources of data for the feed.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rafikichi

• View Profile
I really want to buy a Bitshares oil derivative to profit from the low crude price.  Is there a technical or strategic reason only two feeds are being broadcast?