Author Topic: The owner of the account "bter" is a canadians  (Read 9146 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
---

toast edit:    Thank you, we know who it is. Please stop posting details until we can make a case.

This is dumb. Fucking out him or leave it be. Social justice will do more than whatever "case" you are building. Which is fucking retarded. You and everyone else have zero legal authority over this. He technically didn't steal shit, since it was willfully sent to him. It would be very easy for him to say he sent a money order or another alt coin for the BTS and the supposed harmed party just wants his altcoin and the BTS back. Making him burn his forum ID's is about all you can do. So just out him if you are sure you know who it is. If he hasn't returned it yet, it's not gonna happen. He is a long time follower and knows you are on to him as all your posts and edits clearly state. He is obviously a member of this forum.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

My concern is this will ultimately be spun badly. We've easily tied an identity to an account that wished to remain private and our devs have assisted in the process because they made a personal judgement that it was justified & because others could have done the same easily.

A win for perceived justice but a defeat for personal privacy is rarely a net gain from a crypto perspective.

To the laymen it's hard to ever promote TITAN as being a bit more private than Bitcoin when detractors can pull this example out of the bag.

From what I've heard from the other Chinese .
1、Victim posted the amount .
2、Chinese remembered the guy bragged about how he bought a lot of BTS these days , and posted a screen grab with it . They go look at it , it's the exact same amount right down to the points .
3、Chinese already know who that guy was before this incident .

Ok good. That sounds like it's fine then.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

My concern is this will ultimately be spun badly. We've easily tied an identity to an account that wished to remain private and our devs have assisted in the process because they made a personal judgement that it was justified & because others could have done the same easily.

A win for perceived justice but a defeat for personal privacy is rarely a net gain from a crypto perspective.

To the laymen it's hard to ever promote TITAN as being a bit more private than Bitcoin when detractors can pull this example out of the bag.

From what I've heard from the other Chinese .
1、Victim posted the amount .
2、Chinese remembered the guy bragged about how he bought a lot of BTS these days , and posted a screen grab with it . They go look at it , it's the exact same amount right down to the points .
3、Chinese already know who that guy was before this incident .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile

Offline joele

• View Profile
the picture of two accounts are different totally

I know right,

"btercom" is a stunningly beautiful robohash, while "bter" is an ugly dog-faced tin can.  You'd have to be blind to confuse the two.

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/11/Introducing-SafeBot/

or if you are a roboblind  ::)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
the picture of two accounts are different totally
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:55:10 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Sooo, if I don't like you and you are not covering carefully, dev can get lots of personal information? I'm not saying anything wrong here? But what's next? Seize his account? Or public his ID?

What? We're just doing the same investigation any user can. Devs don't have extra power.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
Sooo, if I don't like you and you are not covering carefully, dev can get lots of personal information? I'm not saying anything wrong here? But what's next? Seize his account? Or public his ID?
developer cannot get any personal information ,  the track of him is exposed by himself while chatting with us .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:10:05 am by BTSdac »

Offline mitao

• View Profile

I hate scam, but.... This whole process just make me feel you are trying to play a central bank's role. Should this role even exist in a decentralized system?
not a central bank,
just he (scam) expose his track by chating with us

Got it, thx for explanation.

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
I hate scam, but.... This whole process just make me feel you are trying to play a central bank's role. Should this role even exist in a decentralized system?
not a central bank,
just he (scam) expose his track by chating with us
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:06:26 am by BTSdac »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
He's just taking the necessary actions to increase the probability of getting the money back. I see nothing wrong here.

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It's not about collecting evidence, it's about not letting person know what evidence we have.
Should no problem within 12 hours, just give us a bit of time.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.