Author Topic: Some thoughts on stopping the domain squatting [ARTICLE]  (Read 1776 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
my bad, so cant we get this done in the clients?  Is this even possible xeroc?
sending money via (encrypted) mail is not possible without ledger (distributed ala blockchain or centralized ala banks/paypal)

explanation is quite simple: you can copy mails :)

Im not to worried about being tracked by the government moreso being tracked by individuals.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
sending money via (encrypted) mail is not possible without ledger (distributed ala blockchain or centralized ala banks/paypal)

explanation is quite simple: you can copy mails :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
...  pgp ( pretty good programming encryption ) im sure its possible
lol .. quick fix: it's called Pretty Good Privacy and it indeed allows for encrypted transmission such that only the receiver can decrypt using public key crypto (RSA)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
...  pgp ( pretty good programming encryption ) im sure its possible
lol .. quick fix: it's called Pretty Good Privacy and it indeed allows for encrypted transmission such that only the receiver can decrypt using public key crypto (RSA)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Here is an article indirectly stopping the user squatting.

(Was not intended for this purpose)

http://www.thevalueswan.com/the-secret-in-making-an-altcoin-as-successful-as-paypal-com/

oh god eagle. This is precisely what we talked about the other night man and you said it would make it so everything was trackable by governments and that this was the only way to go mainstream....

I told you I would fight this...and I will do it even if it is someone I care about posting about it.  Do we want every single damned transaction we ever make to be easily tracked?  If so we are living in a time when those of us with the most money will be able to subjugate anyone at the drop of a hat. 

I can't help but keep thinking of this: 

Fuzzy im sorry to tell you but in countries like Italy I believe you have to use debit or credit for purchases above $2000 to $3000

Mira You can make it so its encrypted and only tge sender and receiver have tge keys using pgp ( pretty good programming encryption ) im sure its possible

Offline fuzzy

http://www.thevalueswan.com/the-secret-in-making-an-altcoin-as-successful-as-paypal-com/

oh god eagle. This is precisely what we talked about the other night man and you said it would make it so everything was trackable by governments and that this was the only way to go mainstream....

I told you I would fight this...and I will do it even if it is someone I care about posting about it.  Do we want every single damned transaction we ever make to be easily tracked?  If so we are living in a time when those of us with the most money will be able to subjugate anyone at the drop of a hat. 

I can't help but keep thinking of this: 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mira

• View Profile
 “Make email an address for sending money with your coin and dont have it on the blockchain

This is an interesting idea, but how do you envision it being implemented and maintained without some kind of distributed ledger?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile