Author Topic: Let's make sure faddat has good intentions  (Read 2421 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Regarding new forum, don't worry - its not happening. The reason Bitsapphire hasn't uprooted and migrated us is due to the reluctance of a big change by the members. They have been adding small updates throughout the forum which you will notice if you look close enough.

Personally, I hate the discourse forum look. I'm happy with how things are here. It can be improved, and I am sure its going to happen.

Yes and there is the Bitshares plugin.  If we changed forums it'd be wasted and only useful for third-party companies.

The fact that he thinks this community can't put up their own forum is a bit strange to me too.  It isn't a gift, it is just basic system administration.  A little concerning about a guy so deep in tech.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

I'm making this post because my internal red flags are going off concerning the actions of faddat. I don't want to assume faddat is guilty of anything, nor do I want to cause any irrational hostility, but I just want to bring up some things that concern me. Faddat, please know that these are the same precautions that we should have with all and every contributor in your position. I'll try to be concise.

Faddat has two things he is planning to do: create a hardware wallet, and redo our forum.

In other words, he wants us to trust him with our private keys and our community.

Considering how new faddat is, I would like us all to do our due diligence with everything faddat produces, and I would like faddat to be transparent with all his code / hardware specifications / operations.
How would we trust him with our private keys?

For the hardwarr wallet, as I understand it there would be a scriot that would run and ensure the person ordering the wallet would be the only one who knows the keys.  But I will leave it to him to explain the details and to work with the community to ensure all these loose ends are taken care of.

We will be holding hangouts with them so the community and devs will be able to help iron things out.  :)

We should never do anything based completely off of trust. That is why we must collaborate with them.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

He will be. Good post and great point. You wont have to worry about it soon enough. There is little doubt in my mind this team is the real deal...but at present they are small so resources are limited.

My only concern is him trying to bite off more than he can chew, to prove himself.

Can you share what makes you feel they are the real deal? Your post right below Graffenwalder's is interesting juxtaposition.

Sure. They are planning to open up the entire project to anyone who wants to help.  He wanted me to give links to the editable version but I told him not to do that (yet) to protect the project.  At any rate..I have an opposite feeling about this, but will ensure they prove themselves before asking anything big. 

With that said, remember we are in a n industry where there is major risk...sometimes we have to step a little outside our comfort zones.  But ill keep working with them and the community to ensure we are safe.

Your critical thinking and spidey senses are necessary.  Dont lose them...but dont let them keep you from taking measured risks with huge potential rewards
You've said this before, the huge potential rewards.
Could you explain what these are?
Is it just a hardware wallet?

Imagine if bitshares was the first cryptochain to not have to worry about using the present internet, but instead many internets. Instead of the great firewall of china getting in the way of everyday users accessing the network, there were myriad of ways to connect to a multiverse of internets--the multinet. 

Lets take It one step further and say that bitshares was the chain given partial credit for building it...Do you think that will make our marketing delegates' jobs easier? ;)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I'm making this post because my internal red flags are going off concerning the actions of faddat. I don't want to assume faddat is guilty of anything, nor do I want to cause any irrational hostility, but I just want to bring up some things that concern me. Faddat, please know that these are the same precautions that we should have with all and every contributor in your position. I'll try to be concise.

Faddat has two things he is planning to do: create a hardware wallet, and redo our forum.

In other words, he wants us to trust him with our private keys and our community.

Considering how new faddat is, I would like us all to do our due diligence with everything faddat produces, and I would like faddat to be transparent with all his code / hardware specifications / operations.
How would we trust him with our private keys?

Offline graffenwalder

He will be. Good post and great point. You wont have to worry about it soon enough. There is little doubt in my mind this team is the real deal...but at present they are small so resources are limited.

My only concern is him trying to bite off more than he can chew, to prove himself.

Can you share what makes you feel they are the real deal? Your post right below Graffenwalder's is interesting juxtaposition.

Sure. They are planning to open up the entire project to anyone who wants to help.  He wanted me to give links to the editable version but I told him not to do that (yet) to protect the project.  At any rate..I have an opposite feeling about this, but will ensure they prove themselves before asking anything big. 

With that said, remember we are in a n industry where there is major risk...sometimes we have to step a little outside our comfort zones.  But ill keep working with them and the community to ensure we are safe.

Your critical thinking and spidey senses are necessary.  Dont lose them...but dont let them keep you from taking measured risks with huge potential rewards
You've said this before, the huge potential rewards.
Could you explain what these are?
Is it just a hardware wallet?

Offline fuzzy

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Regarding new forum, don't worry - its not happening. The reason Bitsapphire hasn't uprooted and migrated us is due to the reluctance of a big change by the members. They have been adding small updates throughout the forum which you will notice if you look close enough.

Personally, I hate the discourse forum look. I m happy with how things are here. It can be improved, and I am sure its going to happen.

Yeah, I really don't understand what problem people have with the current forum. It's a forum... it works fine. What else is needed exactly?

Unless it was a plan to build a new decentralized forum DAC or something, I don't see why it is worth the effort.

sumantso

Personally, I hate the discourse forum look. I'm happy with how things are here. It can be improved, and I am sure its going to happen.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:53:49 pm by sumantso »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:46:17 pm by fuzzy »

Offline graffenwalder

I didn't want to disturb the peace, but my spidey sense has been going of all day.

It looks like a scam. Like that document explains what dawn is, is extra vague, it doesn't actually say a thing. And for someone who is so good at making a new forum. His site says:
Guys, we may be weak. We’ve gone 100% wordpress because of it’s awesome ability to span multiple sites, and because it’s just plain easier. We’re glad to hear your feed back on our site– please let us know what you do or don’t like!

Come on, I don't know anything about code. But I can make a hell of a nicer Wordpress site than that.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile