Author Topic: transaction to buy bitusd and bitcny is not working  (Read 2414 times)

Offline vikram

If the transaction doesn't go through, it will expire after 2 hours by default

By the way, wouldn't it be a smart idea to change the default expiration time for all bid/ask/short order transactions to be significantly less than 2 hours? Unlike other transactions, I think of market orders as far more ephemeral. The market may have changed so significantly within 10 minutes that I may really wish that an old order stuck in limbo never goes through!
I'd like to have some orders in the market without force expiring, e.g. a bid order with price 10% lower than current price and/or an ask order higher than current price. Not everyone have time to watch the market all day.
It's another story if you mean the orders have not been successfully submitted to the market though.

I'm talking about transaction expiration before confirmation; nothing to do with the market.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

By the way, wouldn't it be a smart idea to change the default expiration time for all bid/ask/short order transactions to be significantly less than 2 hours? Unlike other transactions, I think of market orders as far more ephemeral. The market may have changed so significantly within 10 minutes that I may really wish that an old order stuck in limbo never goes through!
I'd like to have some orders in the market without force expiring, e.g. a bid order with price 10% lower than current price and/or an ask order higher than current price. Not everyone have time to watch the market all day.
It's another story if you mean the orders have not been successfully submitted to the market though.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
I downloaded the latest version 0.5.x and everything is working fine now.  The bitusd and bitcny orders now show they have expired and the balance is now corrected. Thanks for the help.

Offline vikram

I successfully transacted a buy for these over a week ago.  I decided to buy more but this time the transaction is marked as pending and not expiring and transferring the bts back to the main balance.  When I go to the market window of either one they are not listed as a cancelable order.  Not sure what to do now.  I attached a screen shot of these transactions, they are the two at the top, one for bitusd and the other for bitcny.   Please advise.

How many network connections do you have? And you are using the latest version 0.5.x and fully synced?

If the transaction doesn't go through, it will expire after 2 hours by default, or if you changed the expiration setting it will expire in 48 hours maximum.
I will update to the latest version then let you know if that solves the issue.  btw What is the best way to update?  Should I completely delete bitshares off my drive before downloading the latest version?
Would please post a link to the latest version 0.5.x?

Latest version can always be found at: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/latest

I think on both Mac and Windows it should be safe to just install over the old version.

Offline optictopic

• View Profile
I successfully transacted a buy for these over a week ago.  I decided to buy more but this time the transaction is marked as pending and not expiring and transferring the bts back to the main balance.  When I go to the market window of either one they are not listed as a cancelable order.  Not sure what to do now.  I attached a screen shot of these transactions, they are the two at the top, one for bitusd and the other for bitcny.   Please advise.

How many network connections do you have? And you are using the latest version 0.5.x and fully synced?

If the transaction doesn't go through, it will expire after 2 hours by default, or if you changed the expiration setting it will expire in 48 hours maximum.
I will update to the latest version then let you know if that solves the issue.  btw What is the best way to update?  Should I completely delete bitshares off my drive before downloading the latest version?
Would please post a link to the latest version 0.5.x?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:09:26 pm by optictopic »

Offline vikram

Not a bad idea; I've made a note about it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1305

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline vikram

Offline optictopic

• View Profile