Author Topic: BTS price falling ... I would buy more if .....  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker
Every cryptoasset  is falling for the simple reason that bitcoin is falling. Forget about decoupling from the 90%+ marketshare leader in the space. This lull is actually a positive. It gives BTS time to develop the software (e.g. light wallet) and do the work that needs to be done to make BTS super-accessible when cryptocurrencies become hot again. This is a precious grace period for the whole space.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:36:16 am by Volker »

Offline yankey

• View Profile
I would buy more if we had a wallet that doesn't require a high end computer to run! We need web/mobile wallets asap!

I have an old laptop that was destined for a dumpster. Put an ssd and some more ram in it, it boots in 10 seconds and I have never had any problems with bitshares wallet performance. I highly recommend an ssd.

ssd is very necessary.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
mobile only would scare me......but would be convenient for trading,,might take a highend phone though...lol
Why should it? a market transaction is the same as any other transaction .. there is nothing special about them, except they get "matched" on the dex

Offline anycoin

• View Profile
I would buy more if we had a wallet that doesn't require a high end computer to run! We need web/mobile wallets asap!
Beeing worked on by TWO! teams ..
mobile only would scare me......but would be convenient for trading,,might take a highend phone though...lol

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I would buy more if we had a product experiencing strong organic demand growth. At this point I feel there is too much reliance on bitUSD, which is for whatever reason not doing much right now, and we ought to do some parallel development to help push toward the grander vision.

deprdoo

I have an old laptop that was destined for a dumpster. Put an ssd and some more ram in it, it boots in 10 seconds and I have never had any problems with bitshares wallet performance. I highly recommend an ssd.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
+5% +5% +5% Yahhhmann =D

Offline leon

• View Profile
I would buy more if I had more money :) that's the only thing preventing me from buying more :o

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
 :D Sorry I didn't mean lock I just meant "exchange" for the purpose of avoiding bitcoin volatility. So a counterparty is definitely required but thanks to bitshares there would be no counterparty risk.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We can't lock real or trade BTC without a counterparty. We could offer to generate or keep track of BTC keys in parallel but that's it. Fast reliable BTC to bitBTC bridges are the best thing we have.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Yeah. That is what I am doing. But a direct exchange has many of the advantages of having one orderbook that we talk about for bit assets and also there is extra administration required to break larger orders up into many smaller ones. Plus the counter party risk which can last for a few days or weeks depending on how your orders get executed. All of these together add up to a lot of extra consideration and therefore reduced liquidity for bitshares. 

Further on the marketing side telling the bitcoin world that the bitshares wallet is also a bitcoin wallet which allows them to lock their bitcoin into bitUSD or bitGOLD via a blockchain technology, without ever being exposed to counterparty risk. Wow! I don't believe there is a more important feature for bitshares atm.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Can't you just do it piece by piece via centralized exchanges? Figure out what you are willing to risk and split your sum into that many parts.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
I would buy a lot more BTS if I could exchange directly from my bitcoin cold wallet into my bitshares cold wallet without being exposed to counter party risk. i.e. no central exchanges or gateways. Thanks to DPOS bitshares is capable of doing this. One way is that delegates can auto-escrow the market since blockchains are public its just like a "price feed":

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13274.0

Perhaps there are better ways of achieving the same objective but whatever way it happens this capability would have a huge impact on liquidity and price of bitshares.