Author Topic: Are you rooting for Bitcoin or against it?  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
You don't burn the ship you are on until you have the other seaworthy.

Keep bitcoin alive until bitshares can transition.

+5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

You don't burn the ship you are on until you have the other seaworthy.

Keep bitcoin alive until bitshares can transition.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Bitcoin is the value gateway all crypto platforms need to survive.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
For an alt-coin it depends whether you're gaining market share (rising vs. BTC) in the process.

Once you're in a strong main contender position, market leader weakness is generally a positive though.

In the case of Bitcoin, excl. XRP they already have a 92% market share, it's not any alt-coins interest for them to grow that. Besides inflation, I also think Bitcoin volatility in particular is really hamstringing Crypto's growth as retailers sell immediately for fiat so greater utility & transactional use adds a lot to BTC selling pressure. Without constant good news BTC generally trends down and takes the whole market down with it. So crypto is sucking a lot of investors money in but not growing and discouraging investors. The sooner it is challenged by a strong contender with low inflation and stable currency options, to see if that can reverse the trend the better for the industry as a whole imo.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Reasons to root for bitcoin: 
1) Bitcoin just crashing and dying would completely kill all cryptos including bitshares. 
2) People who support bitshares rooting against bitcoin makes all bitcoiners hate us, causing them to not investigate bitshares.
3) Bitshares rising is much, much easier if bitcoin goes up an order of magnitude.   It gets a ton more money into the crypto environment, looking for new opportunities.

/Thread.

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
Bitcoin offers a limited supply of cryptocurrency. And so does BitShares.

However, as more and more altcoins come into play, they can potentially bring in unlimited supply of cryptocurrency and dilute both.

I think adding to Bitcoin network effect is wiser than not.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I would be happy if it just stays the same for the simple reason it wastes so much damn electricity yet it'd hurt cryptos too much if it dies.  So I'd like to see it stay even for a couple years to not scare people off.... then trickle away.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Reasons to root for bitcoin: 
1) Bitcoin just crashing and dying would completely kill all cryptos including bitshares. 
2) People who support bitshares rooting against bitcoin makes all bitcoiners hate us, causing them to not investigate bitshares.
3) Bitshares rising is much, much easier if bitcoin goes up an order of magnitude.   It gets a ton more money into the crypto environment, looking for new opportunities.

Reasons to root against bitcoin:
1) You're a hater, and haters gonna hate. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I don't root for either outcome, because hope without personal control of the outcome is an unproductive state of mind. Its best to just accept whatever is, and make the most of ourselves within it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I have mixed feelings on this. Some days, I think BitShares' job will be much easier if Bitcoin greases the skids first. Other days, I'd love to see it fall into irrelevancy and have a host of people/institutions/money seeking the next big thing (we know what that is).

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Are you rooting for Bitcoin or against it?
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.