Author Topic: Bter claims they can't find my deposit... is there anything I can do?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
They did what xeroc said and found the deposit. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline vikram

Is there a way they could scan my transaction in particular to verify that it's to them?

Like xeroc said they can do:
Code: [Select]
wallet_verify_titan_deposit 142a3e31
I *think* I'm sure I sent it to btercom. Is there any possible way I could have literally typed the letters "btercom" but then the transaction went somewhere else?

You can verify on your side by doing:
Code: [Select]
wallet_recover_transaction 142a3e31 btercom
If you get an error then you probably sent to wrong account, but if the transaction shows up correctly then you should be okay.

For the future, how do public accounts work? If a public acct sends to a TITAN account, how public is the transaction? In this situation, I'm cursing TITAN a little for protecting my privacy so well.

If the recipient is a TITAN account (like btercom), then it should still do a standard TITAN transfer.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Last week I'm quite sure I sent a deposit of 13,396 to Bter. I have screenshots of my client with all the "btercom" transactions filtered out, and my deposit shows up in that list.

However, Bter tech support tells me it's not showing up in the Bter wallet! Does anybody have any idea what this could mean? The txid prefix is 142a3e31, and you can see it's a transaction in this block: http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=1575565

Is there anywhere my deposit could have gone except to Bter? Does Bter need to re-scan? This happened around the time 0.5.0 came out; maybe the deposit came in while they were updating and somehow didn't get scanned properly by their wallet?

Is there a way they could scan my transaction in particular to verify that it's to them?
Please verify from your transaction history that the receiver is indeed "btercom"

I am confident that bter.com already knows how to handle theses issues.
They have two options:

- rescan 1575565 .. which contains the transaction
- wallet_verify_titan_deposit 142a3e31

the first one should make the transaction appear while the second one would tell them if the transactions is redeemable by them (read: you indeed sent to btercom).

From the observerspoint of view there is no way to figure out where the tx went to and who can redeem the funds. but btercom should be able to check if THEY can ..

Ok, will suggest those to tech support.

I *think* I'm sure I sent it to btercom. Is there any possible way I could have literally typed the letters "btercom" but then the transaction went somewhere else? Lol.

why don't you click on your account name and check your  "Recent Transactions" on the gui ?

I've done that; I filter by account name btercom and get a nice complete list of my dealings with Bter. I'm positive I sent it to them. Because of TITAN, the only way I can prove it is by sending them my wallet and password, haha.

For the future, how do public accounts work? If a public acct sends to a TITAN account, how public is the transaction? In this situation, I'm cursing TITAN a little for protecting my privacy so well.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Last week I'm quite sure I sent a deposit of 13,396 to Bter. I have screenshots of my client with all the "btercom" transactions filtered out, and my deposit shows up in that list.

However, Bter tech support tells me it's not showing up in the Bter wallet! Does anybody have any idea what this could mean? The txid prefix is 142a3e31, and you can see it's a transaction in this block: http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=1575565

Is there anywhere my deposit could have gone except to Bter? Does Bter need to re-scan? This happened around the time 0.5.0 came out; maybe the deposit came in while they were updating and somehow didn't get scanned properly by their wallet?

Please verify from your transaction history that the receiver is indeed "btercom"

They have two options:

the first one should make the transaction appear while the second one would tell them if the transactions is redeemable by them (read: you indeed sent to btercom).

From the observerspoint of view there is no way to figure out where the tx went to and who can redeem the funds. but btercom should be able to check if THEY can ..

I *think* I'm sure I sent it to btercom. Is there any possible way I could have literally typed the letters "btercom" but then the transaction went somewhere else? Lol.

why don't you click on your account name and check your  "Recent Transactions" on the gui ?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

They have two options:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

They have two options:

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website