Author Topic: The Endgame of Delegate Work is Specialization, Quantification, and Verification  (Read 1509 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker
An example

Specialization:  One delegate group is responsible for translation of all brochures, wiki articles, important bytemaster blog posts, and other information into the world's major languages (Chinese, Spanish, French, Arabic, Japanese)

Quantification: The goal is to for the shareholders to pay a top-end rate per character, or per word (whatever industry standard is) for the highest-quality work.

Verification: Every day, the group copy and pastes the text that they've translated and uploads it to the delegate work verification website or a simple Dropbox account where we (the shareholders) can all look at the work and verify that it's not shoddy Google Translate text. The shareholders are more than capable of voluntarily verifying that it's high quality work.

This wishy-washy "promotion" stuff can't last because we (the shareholders) can't be there with each delegate to see that they are handing out  fliers, or giving presentations, or setting up newbies with clients, or doing any of the stuff that they claim that they are doing.  If delegates want to specialize in promotion, then figure out a way to quantify it.

For example, if you have a Japanese group that is specializing in promotion, then BTS holders can pay you a certain amount per meetup session. One session in Tokyo/Osaka/Fukuoka/Hokkaido will have a budget of 50,000 yen each. We expect 4 meetups for the month. Then you upload screenshots of the advertisements and the pictures of the meetups or a recording of the meetup and then everyone can verify than the work was done.

It doesn't matter what you're doing. If you're coding, then we want to see lines of code. And we have shareholders that are more than capable of verifying that the lines of code are legitimate.

And if people are NOT doing what we're paying them to do, then they get voted out. Within days or 1 week if necessary.

This is the endgame. The sooner we set the SQV system up, the better.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:03:12 pm by Volker »