Author Topic: How badly do you want professional recruiters working for BitShares?  (Read 3858 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
There are persistent rumours circulating that IBM is about to lay off about 100,000 people. It could be that at least some of those will be  quality dev personnel who will be looking for opportunities.

They will find us.

We just need to ramp up our "Hired by the Blockchain" campaign a little.

And who do you think is going to call those people with job opportunities?

You and your buddies should run a 100%  delegate. Waste some more funds with your idiotic ideas.

Do you actually have any ideas? I don't think you've ever shared real idea, beyond your desires of some arbitrary refund you think you're entitled to.  Everything that comes out of your mouth is about something you hate. How would you grow the value of BitShares?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
If even a professional recruiter can find his way here , then it doesn't really need to advise at all .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
There are persistent rumours circulating that IBM is about to lay off about 100,000 people. It could be that at least some of those will be  quality dev personnel who will be looking for opportunities.

They will find us.

You and your buddies should run a 100%  delegate. Waste some more funds with your idiotic ideas.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think that if there was a paid recruiter then that recruiter should recruit mainly among "normal" developers and I also think that it would be most effective to recruit in countries where living costs are low but people speak good English or have one person instead who manages a group of say Chinese developers and who does all the communication between the Chinese and the core dev team...
With regard to altcoin devs: "Bitshares blockchain is hiring" should be a common theme and associated with Bitshares like DPOS (which is a branding / general marketing exercise).

Can you provide examples of software the world uses that follows your strategy? If there was a developer that was really that good, whats preventing them from making the move to California, where they can be paid a top salary in their field?  Why do Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Qualcomm, Yelp, Reddit, etc. all have their headquarters in California when it would be cheaper to do so somewhere else? Why would you want a team writing code in English when there is only one good English speaker chosen to be the leader?
I guess that this is partly done for specific development tasks. But it is still a good question. It was just an intuitive thought. Maybe others more familiar with software dev can share their perspective  since this is a big off topic.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
The blockchain hiring thing is good, but the most honest way to look at this is as a business opportunity, not a job.
yes I agree you  +5%

This  +5%

If you try to compare this to other jobs it won't compete, at this stage.

If you look at it as a business opportunity you can then add future potential to the equation, which in turn makes it much more appealing.   

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Better as a job in countries where wages are low.  Not in a country like the US.  Of course recruiters are not going to turn up a chance to sell someone on a job, but I don't think this is the time for it to work out for anyone expecting American/European type wages... and recruiters get paid on a % typically, not sure how that'd work.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
The blockchain hiring thing is good, but the most honest way to look at this is as a business opportunity, not a job.
yes I agree you  +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
It's marketing - if they make 100 reach outs a day to our target market aka tech savvies, then we begin to make a solid connection into the hive mind of tech.  And If some of them end up getting inspired and working directly for us, all the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
They are very welcome.  +5%

Note that it can be hard to stay transparent, engaged and motivated enough with the equity you get from Delegate pay at this moment in time. People here have true grit in spite of low pay because of ideological convictions and beliefs about the growth of the ecosystem and the potential of this project in particular.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

They will find us.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Recruiters for this type of work is a waste of time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're looking at this the wrong way.  How many marketing delegates are there? These guys are marketers, with a specialized focus on our core user base: developers.  Look at this forum...how many people on here do some kind of programming?  Whether they code for the project directly, or are just above average income earning investors who have money to speculate on crypto-currencies, that is a big part of our user base, and that is a core need.  If they decide to run, they have to follow the rules and maintain accountability just like everyone else.