Author Topic: Montreal Bitshares Meetup  (Read 1638 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Here is what I believe when it comes to marketing bitshares via meetup.

1. Select your target market

If you are in Cote des Neige, I would suggest targeting foreign university students who use remittances services.

2. Have a product to put in their hands

The majority of people don't care about how Paypal work, they use it because they need it. If you have a mobile wallet you can showcase, help them open an account, register and then trade among each other, have a cheatsheet ready on how to fund their account, etc.

This way they have a real life experience and are more likely to actually use the tech. (I didn't understand bitcoin until I used it)

Connecting a product with a problem they have is the way we will get real new users.

It would be plenty to fill your time.

Offline matthewmorganstein

I'll soon post a list of topics and points so we can go over them.

I think a discussion on the Bitcoin blockchain should be first. In that discussion, I plan on starting with a description of money. Then I'll talk about the block chain in as much of a capacity as I can, and as my audience can handle. Then I guess questions, followed by the importance of decentralized technology for society.

What kind of support are you looking for (from people outside the Montreal area)?

Good question.

Support in selecting and arranging content suitable for my audience. Support in verifying that that content is easily understandable and correct. Support in the discovery and planning of this project so it's most effective and efficient.

Offline onceuponatime

Hello world,

I hope to find support in my aim to support the Bitshares ecosystem.

The initiative I'm to spearhead is a group meet up, in my local town of Montreal in Quebec, Canada.

Here is the page to the platform it is listed on: http://www.meetup.com/BitsharesMontreal.

What kind of support are you looking for (from people outside the Montreal area)?

Hello world,

I hope to find support in my aim to support the Bitshares ecosystem.

The initiative I'm to spearhead is a group meet up, in my local town of Montreal in Quebec, Canada.

Here is the page to the platform it is listed on: http://www.meetup.com/BitsharesMontreal.