Author Topic: [ANN] Our New Website Is Live!  (Read 16636 times)

Offline pendragon3

Nice job.

What about a link for Merchants? Wasn't uptake by merchants supposed to be one of the keys to getting widespread adoption by the masses?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Well done, Cass.  Love your work!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Cool site.
I believe the site would benefit from having a greater focus on the exchange rates.
This will make it look more like an exchange.

The exchange rates (currently very small and at the top) should be larger with indicators and updating every few seconds.

The way that this site updates prices (the constant change and information makes this site exciting to watch):
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yes thx for your input! we have to consider this yes... but before also we should check if this could cause problems with implemented tracking codes...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I think the 'What are the risks?' link should go on the download page instead. I understand that being up-front with risks shows credibility, however based on my experience with conversion funnels, the button in this position will have negative effects that outweigh this:

Most people won't click through to the risks, and will be left feeling a certain amount of uneasiness (depending on the person, ranging from no uneasiness to complete paranoia), leading them to either not click through to the 'Create Account' button, or to decrease download conversion rate on the next page.

We can infer that if people do click through to see the risks, that means the risks are important to them on some level. They will either read it or they won't.

If they do read it, this is the best possible outcome for somebody who clicks through to the risks link- from here they can make their own informed decision and know a little more about how BitShares works. However, they still need to exit the modal, and click through to the account page, increasing the number of steps for conversion. Maybe a 'I understand the risks, continue to create my account' button would help here. It's also important to consider that someone who is totally unfamiliar with the BitAssets may not understand the risks at all, leading to confusion, thus leaving the site.

If they don't read the text, this means that despite the risks being important to them, their time and energy to inform themselves is worth more to them. From here they will probably just leave. The only way to address this problem directly would be to make the risks more brief, but I think the quality of the content would suffer from this, and would not make much difference anyway.

In its current state, it's like the website welcomes the user at the front desk, then says,

"Create an account with us! Want to know why it's risky? No? Ok, suit yourself. Follow me."
or
"Create an account with us! Want to know why it's risky? Yes? Ok, here's a sheet of paper loaded with content you probably won't understand, which you can take to that chair over there to read. You'll have to come back and ask me again if you want to create an account."

When it could be,

"Create an account with us! Yes? Follow me."

From here, the prospective customer is making a small commitment. Small commitments are important, because they greatly reduce the probability of bailing in a later step. (As a related aside: I once completed a comprehensive IQ test that took over an hour to complete. At the very end, they said I needed to pay $5 to see the results. Even though I felt it was a dirty trick, I paid, as the value of the time committed combined with the value of knowing the result was worth more than $5 to me, something which was already demonstrated by me making it all the way through the test. This is a dramatic example, but a similar principle applies here.)

The download links to the client should be inline in the step-by-step guide for creating an account, and the risks link should be below them in small text:

By downloading the client above, I understand the risks of downloading open-source cryptocurrency software.

Which would then open the modal.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
typo:

http://bitshares.org/get-started

"At this point, the BitShares application will ask you for a location to save your wallet file. Selection the location of your choosing, click Save, and you are done!"

corrected - pls use https://github.com/cassiopaia/BitShares-Decentralized-Exchange/issues for future issues

thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
typo:

http://bitshares.org/get-started

"At this point, the BitShares application will ask you for a location to save your wallet file. Selection the location of your choosing, click Save, and you are done!"

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline edilliam

However, what I expected to see was a website with moving backgrounds like ripple so this disappointed me a bit. I guess these things are more costly but I think that the future of banking should have moving backgrounds.

We do have a moving a background: http://bitshares.org/resources/vision       :D

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The new site is very nice, well structured and very nice designs so  +5% +5% +5%

However, what I expected to see was a website with moving backgrounds like ripple so this disappointed me a bit. I guess these things are more costly but I think that the future of banking should have moving backgrounds.

Come on, everyone uses those moving backgrounds. They're just temporarily a fad because html5 video is new fancy tech. A distracting image on the front page isn't good, the call to action button needs to be the focal point.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The new site is very nice, well structured and very nice designs so  +5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Had a talk with cass about SSL at bitshares.org yesterday .. CA is currently waiting for a reply from stan to sign the cert ... so its a matter of a few days until we have ssl there ..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It's so awesome. We now have probably the most professional looking branding on our main site, and the best, most user friendly funnel as well. Click get started, look at some explanatory pictures, download the light wallet, start trading bitcoin to BTS, BitUSD, BitCNY directly in your wallets with shapeshift and similar services, perhaps soon also BitGold, Bitsilver, BitOIL, BitEUR. Then once you're experienced with the system and interface of our wallet, you can download the full node and start doing fully decentralized trading with all the assets you are used to, plus UIA's, and at lower spreads. And of course at all times you can instantly cash in or out through the most mature decentralized financial infrastructure, bitcoin, to services like coinbase, bitcoin accepting prepaid debit cards, bitpay and coinbase merchants. It's like BitShares leaps completely past all the issues earlier altcoins have had with adoption/network effect.

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Great to see the "official" website up!

Please, move 'what are the risks' below the fold.