Author Topic: I'm Nervous, Please Reassure Me  (Read 13879 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

Okay... That's nice I suppose : /

For a moment I was getting really excited about the possibility of a child DAC.
Bitassets need to be useable across chain. Or music and play may create its own.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
We need usable tools, and some to succeed in real world with bitAssets. This kind of news attract many people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

"Child dac" is an option for "whatever smart contract stuff"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
I'm excited about NOTE snapshot being made liquid exclusively on BTS.

What? How does that work? Details please.

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?

My point is what happens to the BitShares Music blockchain. Do its features get integrated into the BTS blockchain? Is the NOTE UIA on BTS temporary until the BitShares Music blockchain is ready and takes a snapshot of it? If BitShares Music remains a separate blockchain but uses NOTE as its core stake which is in the BTS blockchain, how does that connection work? More importantly what happens to NoteUSD in that case?

Offline bobmaloney

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?

Is this for the interim before the MUSIC blockchain is launched?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps. Minebitshares only makes sense for people who are actual bitshares supporters. The thing we need to market is the light wallet with shapeshift. That's really the most important thing because it has the possibility to disrupt all bitcoin spending wallets and it's finally a product that can actually be sold on its own merit rather than visions and promises.

Hmm. That shapeshift thing sounds cool. What is it all about and why s it top priority?  I mean how does it disrupt these other wallets?

AFAIK valentine is actively working on getting this in the next GUI update of the full node. Nathan hourt might also be putting it in the light wallet (most important).

The reason why it's a big deal is because with shapeshift API integrated directly in the wallet, you can use your wallet just like a bitcoin wallet, except that all bitcoin you receive gets converted into bitUSD, and when you send bitcoin to someone you actually send bitUSD that is instantly converted to BTC. I believe it's going to be the first cryptocurrency smart wallet ever created.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps. Minebitshares only makes sense for people who are actual bitshares supporters. The thing we need to market is the light wallet with shapeshift. That's really the most important thing because it has the possibility to disrupt all bitcoin spending wallets and it's finally a product that can actually be sold on its own merit rather than visions and promises.

Hmm. That shapeshift thing sounds cool. What is it all about and why s it top priority?  I mean how does it disrupt these other wallets?

Check out https://shapeshift.io/
They have added BTS recently.

It lets you convert any crypto to any other instantly (well, anything they have added, which is most of the major ones).

So "soon", we should be able to have a mobile wallet in which you have bitUSD, and then you can spend it anywhere you could spend bitcoin by shapeshifting it.

You would be guaranteed that the bitUSD maintained purchasing power, unlike bitcoin which goes up and down. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps.

Maybe it wont do much, but it cannot hurt, it can only provide positive benefit.

If it converts any amount of miners away from other coins then it results in buy pressure for BTS.

Even if they sell every bit of BTS or bitUSD they get, it still results in more liquidity in the bitassets as they are buying and selling them.

Minebitshares has a positive effect on helping bitshares outperform other cryptos.  Whether that effect is tiny or big remains to be seen.
Maybe you're right it won't get too much traction, but I don't think it will hurt. We have it available so we should market it. Advertise everything we got. Every small bit helps.

Agreed

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile