Author Topic: Overall Plan and Schedule  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
That's a great idea, how about a calendar that only the delegates can access. This calendar is either on a website or inside the wallet, each delegate can post a date when their project is expecting to be completed on the calendar. If the project does not get released on that day, it changes to delayed. If after a few weeks or a month that the project doesn't finish that delegate would suffer from the community voting for other delegates that can complete projects.

Yeah this is a great idea. An overall plan and basic schedule even if it frequently changed would be very useful. Even Runes summary was pretty good, that's more than I knew.

Hpenvy's responses I think highlight one of the reasons we struggle to attract new money - in response to a simple request for a place where they can see a schedule they get asked whether they're keeping up with github, mumble, nullstreet and a delegate reporting discussion. Unfortunately we can't make it that complicated to find relevant investment information.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:54:40 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Here's the beauty of the delegate system. If someone wants to propose a project manager or project reporting delegate and the community finds value, their delegate should be funded. I know the team over on Nullstreet is starting to use Trello for task management and reporting.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Exactly. Great Idea bluebit. Something like that is what I am thinking about.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
That's a great idea, how about a calendar that only the delegates can access. This calendar is either on a website or inside the wallet, each delegate can post a date when their project is expecting to be completed on the calendar. If the project does not get released on that day, it changes to delayed. If after a few weeks or a month that the project doesn't finish that delegate would suffer from the community voting for other delegates that can complete projects.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
hpenvy2, call it what you want. I do not desire to argue about the semantics; my point was that it operates much like a company with investors. I give money, people get paid to implement ideas and make me profit. I believe this is a generally excepted concept of how bitshares works.

yes, I am on all of those except Nullstreet. Regardless, I was trying to make a point that we do not seem to have a solid plan for ultimate profitabity and adoption. We have some things in the works, but I do not feel they are enough. I do not feel that simply implementing those that are in the works is enough. Beside what I listed off the top of my head, I was asking to see a layout of the complete features planned that with make people use bitshares, bitassets, or other bitshares things.

I think we should have some central location where every feature that is going to happen is layed out with a schedule and who is working on them. Not just github for code, or Nullstreet for marketing, but everything in one place. This will help people to be able to vote out people that are not doing what they should and increase the productivity of delegates. I've just continued this idea on a new thread: Implementation/Management Delegate Proposal. Please read.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:46:18 pm by teenagecheese »

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
As an investor in your company, I want to know the overall plan and schedule, and I'm sure everyone else does too.

There is no company. I believe what you're asking for is more frequent updates from the different delegates?  If that's the case, please join the delegate reporting discussion in the forum. I agree, better communication across all 100% delegates is essential.  Have you been keeping up with the GitHub? How about the Mumble sessions? Are you on Nullstreet?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
From what I heard in the dev hangout:

Light wallet: Monday

Trading but no exchange info in light wallet(so you have to manually check bitsharesblocks): end of February

Full trading light wallet: 2 months

Full Shapeshift/bridge integration in full node and light wallet: I'm guessing 1 month.

Integrated bitcoin wallet: no one is working on it so current estimate is never

Gateways: xchain.info is already out, but temporarily useless due to key import. Dan notesteins gateway will be out in a month I think. Fiat gateway is probably 6 months away. Bitassets on exchanges is slowly beginning, with bitUSD and bitGOLD on bter.

Marketing push: we have torads by methodX and reddit ads by max wright that are live right now. Also possibly some bitcoin speaker in South America sponsored by matt608

Also yunbi web wallet: coming in 2 weeks

Jcalfee web wallet: launch plan will be announced in the middle of March.

Time is no longer as important as we thought, because ethereum will not even launch with a GUI so there is still plenty of time before they will become serious competition for users (though they already have at least twice our market cap if we extrapolate from ethercoin)

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
As an investor in your company, I want to know the overall plan and schedule, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Don't say "we try not to give schedule predictions because people will get angry if we miss them." Well, I am angry now, so give it your best shot. I'll forgive you if you guess wrong, but I at least want to see that you have something to guess about.

You need a plan, and a good one. You need some leadership. You need a schedule. You need people to execute it. Show it to me.

Off the top of my head I want to know:

Light wallet
Light wallet with market engine
Integrated bitcoin wallet
Gateways
Some sort of marketing push about anything

Sorry for being so rude, but I am angry both that I am loosing my money and that this great vision is failing to come to life. Thank you.