Author Topic: Overall Plan and Schedule  (Read 5049 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
how about a calendar

The internal working calendar for core development is available at https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/milestones

Please note that the GitHub milestones are highly volatile, and both dates and issues are continuously changing as we get new information.

ok yes i'm thinking we should add a timeline/roadmap on .org ... ! But if so we have to get this updated all time!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vikram

how about a calendar

The internal working calendar for core development is available at https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/milestones

Please note that the GitHub milestones are highly volatile, and both dates and issues are continuously changing as we get new information.

Offline theoretical

how about a calendar

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

TurkeyLeg

What's the point of having a calendar when the achievements/milestones you mentioned have been 1 month away for the past 8 months?

Offline rb2

• View Profile

Publishing and maintaining the current focus would already make a lot to avoid irrelevant distractions like the bingo in client stuff.

Thinking out loudly, here's what I think could on the "focus" page (development oriented):
- Strategic goals we want to reach until may 2015, september 2015, december 2015. Eg: popularise bitUSD, develiver light client, ....
- List what feature/software is currently developed with an roughly expected delivery date
- List of features/software to develop afterwards.
- Possibly list what we postpone for now
- Possibly list the things we do not want and clearly reject.

This page could be reviewed monthly, but between those revisions, new proposals
would be assessed based on this list. This would prevent loosing time and
energy in discussions of items not aligning with our current objectives.

In may 2015, we evaluate what was done, try to learn and optimise the process, and publish objectives for may 2016.
This page could be simply an ASCII text document kept in a git repo, so that the history is kept, and published on github.

I'm a developed myself, and of course the goal should not be to make it a heavy
procedure or cumbersome project management methodology. But this kind of light
structuration approach has already worked for me and my teams.

Take this as a constructive post, written in the hope the developers can get something out of it to help them deliver
all the potential of Bitshares. The goal is certainly not to impose anything!

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Integrated bitcoin wallet: no one is working on it so current estimate is never

How many full paid delegates would it take to hire someone to complete this task, and how long should it take?

Could somebody make this in 2 months for say 6 full paid delegates?

How much "bounty" or "full paid delegate pay" should we list for this position?

@arhag has been bouncing some ideas around concerning using the liteweight client and forking something like electrum on Nullstreet.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

For 100% delegates (I am one of them) I propose to burn BTS to put their update blogpost on their delegate wall.
This way you can simply use the existing bitsharesblocks.com website to find out what our 100% delegates are working on.

I provide a weekly update myself so that shareholders know what I am doing and comment.

Also, we are working on a mumble session where delegates give updates/interviews and be open for questions from the sharesholders.

Hope this help.

Great!  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
but pls no trello ... ^^

i would advise to use slack or asana.. just said

What are big downsides of trello to asana or slack?  We're back to the project management phase and Rgcrypto has used trello.  I've never used any of this much so I can't begin to have an opinion.

it's a personal feeling! I'm personally not like trello UX! So it's just my personal feel about

I've worked with trello, asana, slack etc. and Asana and Slack are much more usabel IMO .. i can include both a way more better into my workflow then trello!
Currently i'm working with BitShares PLAY team on slack and using asana for personal projects and BitShares MUSIC foundation tasks ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
For 100% delegates (I am one of them) I propose to burn BTS to put their update blogpost on their delegate wall.
This way you can simply use the existing bitsharesblocks.com website to find out what our 100% delegates are working on.

I provide a weekly update myself so that shareholders know what I am doing and comment.

Also, we are working on a mumble session where delegates give updates/interviews and be open for questions from the sharesholders.

Hope this help.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
but pls no trello ... ^^

What are big downsides of trello to asana or slack?  We're back to the project management phase and Rgcrypto has used trello.  I've never used any of this much so I can't begin to have an opinion.

I don't know the relative merits of those systems either, but I just wanted to throw another idea out there for consideration.
has anyone looked into ideascale ... if we can use the free version it seems promising.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
but pls no trello ... ^^

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
but pls no trello ... ^^

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
That's a great idea, how about a calendar that only the delegates can access. This calendar is either on a website or inside the wallet, each delegate can post a date when their project is expecting to be completed on the calendar. If the project does not get released on that day, it changes to delayed. If after a few weeks or a month that the project doesn't finish that delegate would suffer from the community voting for other delegates that can complete projects.

Yeah this is a great idea. An overall plan and basic schedule even if it frequently changed would be very useful. Even Runes summary was pretty good, that's more than I knew.

Hpenvy's responses I think highlight one of the reasons we struggle to attract new money - in response to a simple request for a place where they can see a schedule they get asked whether they're keeping up with github, mumble, nullstreet and a delegate reporting discussion. Unfortunately we can't make it that complicated to find relevant investment information.

I already proposed a solution. If someone feels passionate enough about it, they can create a delegate (or have someone run their delegate for them) interact with all the different pieces of a decentralized projects and coordinate through a program like Slack, Asana or Trello. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:27:04 pm by hpenvy2 »

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Yes I agree with both, Rune's response was a good start and even if the schedule changes frequently, it is very helpful. Thank you! I can't run the delegate, but I hope this spurs someone to take action.