Author Topic: Restoring wallet backup throws assert exception  (Read 4951 times)

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I had a similar issue when trying to restore a wallet from a json in the 6.0 gui:

Failed to restore wallet backup. Your original wallet has been restored. Error: invalid password (20001) Invalid Password!

The password I used was correct, I have never changed it.....

Are there instructions somewhere for restoring a wallet from a json backup using the console?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:02:30 am by crypto_prometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline vikram

I will take a look: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1363

We will likely put out 0.6.1 sometime this week with this + other minor fixes.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
looks ok too me ..

paging @vikram

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I'm not too good with the coding language type stuff, but from the looks of it there are quite a few lines that don't end with a ",". For example, the last 7 lines look like this:

"encrypted_private_key": "",
    "valid_from_signature": false,
    "memo": null,
    "gen_seq_number": 0
  }
}
]

In which case the last 4 lines do not have commas. Does that look right? I appreciate the help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Nothing is lost .. it seems the client has some issues importing the JSON format ..
make sure you have a backup and remember the password .. devs will fix this eventually ...

In the meantime let's figure out if something is wrong with your backup. Would you please open your backup (json file) in a notepad and take a look at the very last lines?
It has happend in earlier version that a comma "," was missing so that the JSON format was invalid .. would you verify that every line that is not followed by a "}" ends with a "," .. if it is the case with your backup .. the missing comma is supposed to be at the end of the file

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I'm trying to restore a backup copy of my wallet made on 0.6.0 on one computer to another computer with a fresh install of 0.6.0, and I get the following exception:

Any tips?