Author Topic: Fiat to bitUSD Gateways?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
There's a LOT of legal hurdles. I agree, this is much needed service that will take some creativity to pull off.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I dont know but didnt bm offer a big bounty for someone creating or setting up a gateway?

He suggested a bounty for something else and a few of us mentioned that we thought this would be a better use for it. I don't know whether he agreed or not.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
all that really means isthere is demand for some management delegates or current ones to expand their roles
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
I think you may be right. It's hard to keep track of things going on.

This brings back a point I've made that we really need to put systems in place to help get things done. It's too ad hoc/informal right now. It's difficult for someone to know what is wanted and how they may be able to provide services without closely following the forum.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I dont know but didnt bm offer a big bounty for someone creating or setting up a gateway?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Also I would expect other bitassets could and should be made available through the same service.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
I would vote for a 100% delegate or maybe even two upon delivery of a functional service that I can use here in the U.S. They would continue to get paid to improve the service after launch and eventually would be either able to make enough profit where they would not need a delegate, or and probably better, be able to not charge any fees to use the service because they would be paid as a bitshares delegate. That is the beauty of bitshares, no one else can offer a free gateway, but WE CAN. It's our choice to do so in order to promote bitshares.

Let's do it. Post plus five if you want it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I will campaign for a 100% delegate...or several of them...for anyone who wants to work on establishing fiat gateways. This is the bottom line now.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
AFAIK Dan Notestein is working on bitUSD gateway established in outside of the US.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Hi,

I've read about several potential fiat to bitUSD gateways over the past months and was wondering what their status is. Are any still being worked on? Any expected dates?

I assume Coinbase wouldn't want to integrate bitUSD until we (the client and the whole system of bitshares) are more stable because they are such a legit company. Any other's we could partner with? Any independent gateway projects of our own going on?

Please note I am specifically asking about FIAT directly to bitUSD with no intermediate steps. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:38:04 am by teenagecheese »