Author Topic: Do you want stake in DPoS altChains?  (Read 3811 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You mean Free Stake ? 

Of course .  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Here we go Fuzzy, I have a question which will reveal my ignorance!
I have a general idea, but can you clarify for me what exactly is meant by 4c?

Should we Consider 4c and work to achieve it?

I think it's the 4 c's of marketing?
  • Clients
  • Costs
  • Communications
  • Convenience

There seem to be variations on a theme, but do I have the jist here?

4c) They Sharedrop on all holders because we have assets they want to use in order to establish further legitimacy in the realm of cryptocurrency, piggy-backing (and indirectly contributing to) the valuable foundation BitShares and its community has created.  
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Here we go Fuzzy, I have a question which will reveal my ignorance!
I have a general idea, but can you clarify for me what exactly is meant by 4c?

Should we Consider 4c and work to achieve it?

I think it's the 4 c's of marketing?
  • Clients
  • Costs
  • Communications
  • Convenience

There seem to be variations on a theme, but do I have the jist here?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

I think it's very possible to find alliances with coins of different philosophies. Market what you can do best and find a synthesis between our product and theirs and what they do best.
I agree. The idea of sharedropping simply works as a mechanism for the identification of people who are unwavering believers in technology that most the world barely understands. 
It is also a way to thank those people and enrich those who have the best chance of seeing the technology used for the reasons for which it was originally intended.

I have much more to say about this topic. ..but don't have time right now ;)

Offline VoR0220

I think it's very possible to find alliances with coins of different philosophies. Market what you can do best and find a synthesis between our product and theirs and what they do best.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

It is hard to finish a sharedrop because all the coin is dividend for other alt coins.
Way of Ethereum may be considered. All alts using our tool kit must spend some bts to continue work.

One problem: does this further centralize?

I believe it does.   I would prefer to have an alliance of DACs that are drop on us so we have many bitshares "nations" instead of one single nation that forces compliance.   

Can't we find a way to incentivize alliances between chains with similar-but-different philosophies?

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
It is hard to finish a sharedrop because all the coin is dividend for other alt coins.
Way of Ethereum may be considered. All alts using our tool kit must spend some bts to continue work.

Offline fuzzy

thanks everyone.  lets keep this alive.  I want to figure out what the community thinks. 

Also, as for this smartypants:
You see you can make it in one sentence :).
My answer is yes. If we were not keen on encouraging other DACs (even competing ones) to copy our technology, the whole concept of the DAC toolkit and social consensus would make no sense.
edit: typo

I had to provide context before asking :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Yes, Fuzz, I agree. 4c is essential. I think we should try to get consensus on this going forward.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Also regarding the poll.. it's kinda fuzzy exactly what is being voted on. Pun intended  ;D

Maybe someone smarter than I can clarify.
has nothing to do with being smarter than you! What I'm asking is if our community should start considering the utilization of our assets to incentive at chains to exist and sharedrop on us before they start doing it on their own without sharedropping.

:)

Ok then.. I guess to aswer that question it really depends on the cost to benefit ratio as I asked about before. There is a real expense attached to everything, and I couldn't make an informed decision without understanding that element to determine just how much value is being brought by that particular line of action. It might reveal another way to be more efficient.. like the targets email list so to speak that arhag mentioned in another thread the other day where we reward those with a real interest instead of creating a giant pump and dump event with a whole chain sharedrop.

By doing that the cost of it all goes towards people who have a real interest and will more likely hold than dump.. and it is equally showing a good faith move.

This suggestion was not in your options though... so I couldn't vote on it. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline klosure

• View Profile
Also regarding the poll.. it's kinda fuzzy exactly what is being voted on. Pun intended  ;D

has nothing to do with being smarter than you! What I'm asking is if our community should start considering the utilization of our assets to incentive at chains to exist and sharedrop on us before they start doing it on their own without sharedropping.
You see you can make it in one sentence :).
My answer is yes. If we were not keen on encouraging other DACs (even competing ones) to copy our technology, the whole concept of the DAC toolkit and social consensus would make no sense.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:54:05 pm by klosure »

Offline fuzzy

has nothing to do with being smarter than you! What I'm asking is if our community should start considering the utilization of our assets to incentivize altchains to exist and sharedrop on us before they start doing it on their own without sharedropping.

:)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:29:10 pm by fuzzy »

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

What are the cost to benefit ratios?

There are a lot of scenarios and assumptions but no cost factoring into each option. That ultimately is going to have a rather large impact on how any of those scenarios may or may not happen.

How much do each of those scenarios cost and who pays the tab on it?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

Noone agrees or disagrees?

Im looking for conversation--not affirmation.  :)