Author Topic: Volunteerss with tech skills urgently needed to help Newbies  (Read 4334 times)

Offline onceuponatime

maybe setting up a delegate to give support via skype. this delegate would be always or most part of the time, available to help people with technical stuff. could even make skype sessions. people could apply on a thread and the delegate would schedule each session. kinda like a call center but since the delegate probably won't have multiple people working for him (at least for now), instead of people calling up via skype, he could schedule each session. basically his job would be constantly helping people out on the Technical forum section and doing those sessions on skype.

I would vote for that. The paid delegate would answer postings and book skype calls to persons on the Newbie and Technical threads via PM's.

However, that will take at least a little bit of time to get set up and voted in. Perhaps in the meantime interested candidates could start by answering Newbie questions, which is needed right now, to gain street cred (ie. voter recognition). This sure looks like someone could work themselves into a paid gig. The necessity is there.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
maybe setting up a delegate to give support via skype. this delegate would be always or most part of the time, available to help people with technical stuff. could even make skype sessions. people could apply on a thread and the delegate would schedule each session. kinda like a call center but since the delegate probably won't have multiple people working for him (at least for now), instead of people calling up via skype, he could schedule each session. basically his job would be constantly helping people out on the Technical forum section and doing those sessions on skype.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

The best would be very well made videos, step by step how to download the wallet, buy assets, etc. Stupid Simple Videos with great graphics

Yes, that would be best.

But videos take time and money (some videos are already in the planning/scriptwriting/pre-production phase). We need volunteers to be paying close attention and giving help on the Newbie threads right now.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
The best would be very well made videos, step by step how to download the wallet, buy assets, etc. Stupid Simple Videos with great graphics
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
You bring up an excellent point. Some of the marketing efforts will be thrown away unless these inquiries are answered in a timely and friendly way. Technically I cannot do much more than to point them to the book  Bitshares 101 and Bitshares.tv. Perhaps many of the inquires could be dealt with within an FAQ or troubleshooting page. Let's keep on top of this in order to keep the building momentum going.

Offline onceuponatime

Our efforts are beginning to atract more newbies.  Many are trying to download the bitshares client and understand how it works. Even those who have been directed to and have read Bitshares101 have some problems. The best solution so far seems to be meetups like the recent one in Argentina where people can be instructed in person how to use bitshares and bitAssets. However, in addition, we need the questions in the Newbie section of this forum to get timely and accurate responses.

I do what I can, as do some others. But I do not have the technical skills to answer many of the questions that are appearing. Help answering these questions in the Newbie section by technically proficient users is of paramount importance. This will help the increased adoption and positive awareness of bitshares. And have a positive effect on our market cap, which will in turn make everything going forward more feasible.

I hope some of you technically gifted people will step up to cover that area of concern. Others of us have been doing large amounts of volunteer work in the areas where we are more capable of service.