Author Topic: Money locked at Shapeshift.io - I sent 5 BTS to them, never rec'd the BTC  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Bitecoin

• View Profile
    • Bitfinex Referral Code
Shapeshift is cool. Never had any problems with them.
Glad support sorted it out, and now you know :D
Save 10% on your trading fees with my http://www.bitfinex-referral-code.com/ : dCDa7Rr36g

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yep, seems to work fine now, I just did another 5BTS transfer to my BTC wallet.

Just type shapeshiftio into the address field in the bitshares client, then in the memo field just paste in the shiftnnnnnnnnnnnnn number.

I suggested to Jon that they make the word MEMO: an image, or strip it out with javascript or something if the user pastes that into the bitshares client memo field so that never happens again.

Just put the shift number above into the memo field only, if you shift/transfer/withdraw some BTS out.
That was a mouthful ;)
   -ken

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Glad it worked. We all have to get used to that Memo field at first. After that, it becomes second nature.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I just now, about 2 minutes ago got a reply from Jon at shapeshift, in his email reply to me he says:

Hi Ken - yes it looks like the issue is just that you input the word MEMO in the memo field (which you don't need to do). Just copy and paste what is displayed from ShapeShift after "Memo:" and your next TX should be fine. In the meantime I have sent the converted BTC to you (.00014905BTC), here is your BTC TX ID:
a39******a09

Regards,

Jon
: : ShapeShift.io

all is good now, thanx everybody :)
   -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
do you see on right of you tx on dashboard overview a link called somthing like *rebroadcast transaction*? If there is NO details button you click on, then you should see a pure link …
Did you check if there is a min. BTS amount you have to send via shapeshift.io?
Hope this helps

The min amount is 5, just like he sent
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
do you see on right of you tx on dashboard overview a link called somthing like *rebroadcast transaction*? If there is NO details button you click on, then you should see a pure link …
Did you check if there is a min. BTS amount you have to send via shapeshift.io?
Hope this helps
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Nope, the chat client just says "No Operators Available Sorry, no operators are currently available Powered by PureChat.com"
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Shapeshift support is great, try the chat widget on their site. They usually check immediately and will help you.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I wanted to try a transfer of bitshares to my bitcoin account.
I went to shapeshift.io.
Deposit Bitshares, Receive Bitcoin.
I pasted my bitcoin address into the Receive field and clicked start.
I opened my bitshares client, sent 5 bitshares to "shapeshiftio" just like they said todo.
I pasted in the "MEMO: shiftnnnnnnnnnnnnn" text too.
It took 30 seconds or so, but now bitshares client no longer says Pending.
Now the 5 bitshares is gone from my bitshares balance, plus the fee.
Shapeshift screen still says "Awaiting Deposit".
No money has been sent to my bitcoin wallet.
I contacted Shapeshift an hour ago about this with two screen captures showing my bitshares client, and their shapeshift screen that still says "Awaiting Deposit".

I'm glad I did a small test with just 5 bitshares, as I think that money has disappeared.

Until I hear back from shapeshift, can anyone here confirm this is a problem when Shifting bitshares to a bitcoin address?
Thanx in advance :)
   -ken

www.PalmPay.chat