Author Topic: Lets get some BTS and BTC on poloniex for the coming rally  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
We're working with metaexchange to achieve just this. It would really be the dream if we could one day get completely rid of our reliance of the centralized exchanges.

We need to mimic the user experience of a centralized exchange as closely as possible.  It will be interesting to see what the Web interface looks like.  A blockchain.info-style interface where users retain complete control of their assets with mandatory 2fa would be ideal... apart from that, users would interact with the system just as they would on a centralized exchange, only without third party risk.  I know the devs are hard at work on just that.  I can't wait to see it.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Please tell me how you plan to get your money into the decentralized exchange if there's no open orders on poloniex or btc38. Or even better, how do you expect new users who have no experience with bitshares, who don't even know what the decentralized exchange is, to get their money on to it?

Sorry, I'm just venting about bter, thats all. :)

Maybe large liquid bitcny, bitusd, bitwhatever bridge?

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

We're working with metaexchange to achieve just this. It would really be the dream if we could one day get completely rid of our reliance the centralized exchanges.
Thank you.
I have faith in you, the community.
I just hope bitshares project will attract many talents like you because it's very profitable in potential due to bytemaster's economic model, and still evolving. In this perspective, maybe it is second to none in crypto.
To be specific, I think being a bridge can be profitable.
I'm still a believer, shit.

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Please tell me how you plan to get your money into the decentralized exchange if there's no open orders on poloniex or btc38. Or even better, how do you expect new users who have no experience with bitshares, who don't even know what the decentralized exchange is, to get their money on to it?

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

We're working with metaexchange to achieve just this. It would really be the dream if we could one day get completely rid of our reliance of the centralized exchanges.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Ideally we will eventually get something like Coinbase for BTS (or Coinbase itself excepting BTS), that is, a direct fiat to BTS/BitAsset onramp that is well tested and very secure, with a lot of financial backing such that even if they get hacked they wouldnt just die and fail to repay customers. 

We need a Coinbase, OKCoin, or Bitfinex type to adopt BTS.  Its not as safe as holding the keys yourself, but the big players with lotso f backing are much safer than the poloniexes and bters of the world.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
We all need to remove every single BTS we own from all exchanges. 

When we want to buy BTS, we deposit money on the exchange, buy BTS, and immediately remove it.  Always.  Immediately.

When we want to trade we use the Bitshares Decentralized exchange exclusively.  Only ever send BTS back to exchanges for permanent cashing out.

Please give me a time machine so I can go back and do this with bter.  I will only ever use the decentralized exchange ever again.  Hopefully many of us will learn this lesson from the bter hack in a way that doesnt cost us much except for pain, or a little BTC.  I don't ever plan to have much BTS on an exchange for more than like an hour or so, ever again.

@Rune   Can you please tell me how to deposit to poloniex? Somehow I am missing it.

Go to balances (top right corner), my balances, and then search for BTS or BTC.

Offline onceuponatime

When we want to buy BTS, we deposit money on the exchange, buy BTS, and immediately remove it.  Always.  Immediately.

When we want to trade we use the Bitshares Decentralized exchange exclusively.  Only ever send BTS back to exchanges for permanent cashing out.

Please give me a time machine so I can go back and do this with bter.  I will only ever use the decentralized exchange ever again.  Hopefully many of us will learn this lesson from the bter hack in a way that doesnt cost us much except for pain, or a little BTC.  I don't ever plan to have much BTS on an exchange for more than like an hour or so, ever again.

@Rune   Can you please tell me how to deposit to poloniex? Somehow I am missing it.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I just signed up at poloniex.com

But, I can't see how to deposit. Could you point it out to me please.

Go to balances (top right corner), my balances, and then search for BTS or BTC.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
what about cfsgold etc. ? Can you establish on poloniex the market makers you said with riverhead?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

We'd be happy to do that once bter gives us the bitgold back... We assume that CFSUSD and CFSGOLD will have to take a haircut of some percentage and most people will probably want to withdraw after that. But we plan to continue as soon as we get the funds back. I've also just contacted poloniex again regarding integrating bitUSD. Won't ask them for bitgold until we actually have any..

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
what about cfsgold etc. ? Can you establish on poloniex the market makers you said with riverhead?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline onceuponatime

Its the big button that says "Trust your cryptocurrency with us instead of holding the keys yourself, we TOTALLY wont get hacked and make you lose everything, we promise".

I've been around the block a few times Ander. Save your sarcasm for someone who appreciates that in lieu of a straight answer to a straight question.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Its the big button that says "Trust your cryptocurrency with us instead of holding the keys yourself, we TOTALLY wont get hacked and make you lose everything, we promise".