Author Topic: To all newbies: What brought you here?  (Read 10159 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I'm not sure about my co-workers but I was having a debate with a drunk about whether or not the US economy would collapse by 2017. During an attempt to ridicule me in front of everyone for buying bitcoin he misspoke and said, "you still buy that bit-shares don't you?!". I'd never heard of BitShares, and neither had he, so I laughed and said, "you mean BitCOIN" and he acknowledged his error with a "whatever". Later that night I decided to do a search for bitshares just to see if something called "bitshares" existed. I immediately purchased some after reviewing. So I have a drunk to thank for getting me into BitShares!

+5% great story!

I don't know anymore. I was trying to mine PTS on ypool or so and later invested in AGS.

edit:
wow i just read my first post. It was really about PTS mining, and then investing in AGS or PTS.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:09:23 pm by Shentist »

Offline mangou007

As for me it is a friend of mine who introduced me to BitShares, and then got so involved and interested in the concept that we developed and created www.bitsharesfcx.com ;)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile

Offline tora62

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tora62
Welcome! Hope to see you posting here for a long time to come :)

Thanks  :)
I think I'll stick around. Am seriously interested how will the whole idea/project turn out (no scepticism intended).
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0...

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I've been a cryptocoin enthusiast for a few yrs now; mining, trading and so on.

Was researching some mining stuff, got interested in x11, found minebitshares pool while reading some threads and that pointed me to bitshares in general.

And I liked the idea  :)

Welcome! Hope to see you posting here for a long time to come :)

Offline tora62

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tora62
I've been a cryptocoin enthusiast for a few yrs now; mining, trading and so on.

Was researching some mining stuff, got interested in x11, found minebitshares pool while reading some threads and that pointed me to bitshares in general.

And I liked the idea  :)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
huh, just saw this thread.
Taulant at http://Moonstone.io told me about BitShares.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
lol Tuck, that's pretty epic:)

Tuck Fheman

I'm not sure about my co-workers but I was having a debate with a drunk about whether or not the US economy would collapse by 2017. During an attempt to ridicule me in front of everyone for buying bitcoin he misspoke and said, "you still buy that bit-shares don't you?!". I'd never heard of BitShares, and neither had he, so I laughed and said, "you mean BitCOIN" and he acknowledged his error with a "whatever". Later that night I decided to do a search for bitshares just to see if something called "bitshares" existed. I immediately purchased some after reviewing. So I have a drunk to thank for getting me into BitShares!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

:)
I have a new online wallet that has Bitshares and  upon further reserch become very interested in the Bitshares. A great crypto-currency that has transpired into a great investment.To all the members great work and all the best ahead.
rb3coins

Happy to have you aboard!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline rb3coins

:)
I have a new online wallet that has Bitshares and  upon further reserch become very interested in the Bitshares. A great crypto-currency that has transpired into a great investment.To all the members great work and all the best ahead.
rb3coins

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Welcome newbies!

Its a nice time to get it right now, better than those of us who found it in the past 6 months and lost money so far. ;)   

Its good to see the outreach projects are working, and I hope some of you will become big Bitshares supporters!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
THANKS to EVERYONE who shared his/her perspective here! All very insightful! Keep it coming! ;)

Offline QuantumSheep

1: google and other things
2: i have three children; this is technology that might be common to them and i need to know how all of it works. Can't have em investing in snake oil.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Invited through Meetup.com, met some awesome people, and ultimately directed here.

Glad to see you on the forums jrb450!

Reminder to everyone --> check for local meetups in your area:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=34.0

If you don't find one near you, consider starting one!