Author Topic: East and West - Join us on Mumble and meet your fellow community members  (Read 4830 times)

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
BitShares Community,

On Saturday, February 28th, at 11a.m. EST, I will be co-hosting a “meet & greet” for eastern and western community members with fuzzy on the Mumble server. This will be an opportunity for each of us to introduce ourselves, talk about our personal interests, our skills and talents, or to say a few words about why we are a part of BitShares.

Everyone is welcome to attend, and everyone will have the opportunity to speak if they wish. Our purpose is not to discuss the details of current projects or debate recent events, but rather to give each person the chance to tell us about themselves, their peer groups, or their professional organization.

Hundreds of people are now working for BitShares. Whether you are a volunteer, a paid delegate, or simply watching with curiosity or waiting for the right opportunity to get more involved, you probably want to feel that your efforts are recognized and valuable. This will only be possible if we are willing to connect, hear each other's stories, and allow ourselves to recognize that we all face similar challenges.

BitShares is unique in the cryptocurrency space because we collectively recognize that “trust” is not a bad thing. To honor and respect this critical human necessity, we have wisely chosen to build a protocol which balances trust with accountability. This does not mean it will work automatically. At this critical juncture, it is vitally important for our growth as a community that we work extra hard at cultivating an atmosphere of patience, mutual respect, friendly cooperation, and professionalism. If we work to develop stronger bonds of trust, our ability to quickly overcome any future events of emotional turmoil will improve.

I am reaching out to the chinese community, the nullstreet community, the Blacksburg community, and BitShares supporters on all seven continents. If you cannot attend, or do not wish to speak aloud, fuzzy or I will read your written message to the community at the end of the hangout. We ask that you keep the message brief, perhaps 100 – 150 words, and PM the message to @fuzzy on bitsharestalk.org by 9am EST on Saturday. If you only wish to listen, you are also most welcome to attend.

It seems we have attracted innovators, visionaries and natural leaders from many countries who all wish to stake their claim in this exciting new economic paradigm. Let us set a good example by showing the world that we are strong in our principals, yet flexible enough to hear each others voices.

I hope to see you all there!

Michael

Noone has messaged me with anything so I'm assuming it has either gone to cryptoprometheus or will be given there.

I have talked to quite a few people who have said they plan to attend, but I have not received any PMs with written content yet either, fuz. I am still reaching out to a number of chinese members, but it's night time over there right now, and also It's sort of short notice. I'm not going to worry too much, these things are never perfect the first time around. I think we are making good progress, and I'm excited to meet and chat with everyone who makes it!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline fuzzy

BitShares Community,

On Saturday, February 28th, at 11a.m. EST, I will be co-hosting a “meet & greet” for eastern and western community members with fuzzy on the Mumble server. This will be an opportunity for each of us to introduce ourselves, talk about our personal interests, our skills and talents, or to say a few words about why we are a part of BitShares.

Everyone is welcome to attend, and everyone will have the opportunity to speak if they wish. Our purpose is not to discuss the details of current projects or debate recent events, but rather to give each person the chance to tell us about themselves, their peer groups, or their professional organization.

Hundreds of people are now working for BitShares. Whether you are a volunteer, a paid delegate, or simply watching with curiosity or waiting for the right opportunity to get more involved, you probably want to feel that your efforts are recognized and valuable. This will only be possible if we are willing to connect, hear each other's stories, and allow ourselves to recognize that we all face similar challenges.

BitShares is unique in the cryptocurrency space because we collectively recognize that “trust” is not a bad thing. To honor and respect this critical human necessity, we have wisely chosen to build a protocol which balances trust with accountability. This does not mean it will work automatically. At this critical juncture, it is vitally important for our growth as a community that we work extra hard at cultivating an atmosphere of patience, mutual respect, friendly cooperation, and professionalism. If we work to develop stronger bonds of trust, our ability to quickly overcome any future events of emotional turmoil will improve.

I am reaching out to the chinese community, the nullstreet community, the Blacksburg community, and BitShares supporters on all seven continents. If you cannot attend, or do not wish to speak aloud, fuzzy or I will read your written message to the community at the end of the hangout. We ask that you keep the message brief, perhaps 100 – 150 words, and PM the message to @fuzzy on bitsharestalk.org by 9am EST on Saturday. If you only wish to listen, you are also most welcome to attend.

It seems we have attracted innovators, visionaries and natural leaders from many countries who all wish to stake their claim in this exciting new economic paradigm. Let us set a good example by showing the world that we are strong in our principals, yet flexible enough to hear each others voices.

Michael

Noone has messaged me with anything so I'm assuming it has either gone to cryptoprometheus or will be given there.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Excellent initiative. I'll do everything I can to attend.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I would love to be there but I have a prior engagement. Will certainly catch up with the recording!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
BitShares Community,

Michael
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:36:07 am by crypto_prometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero