Author Topic: Can't log in my wallet  (Read 2861 times)

Offline graffenwalder

I had the same problem and did the workaround.

But now it only shows UIA's, not BitAssets and BTS.

I did the wallet rescan blockchain but that didn't help, I did see all (bitasset) transactions popping up though.
My second to last transaction is now on 28 February, with a balance of roughly 5* BTS what it should be.
The last transaction shows a balance of -0.1 BTS on fen 28.

Any ideas?
Try the command 'balance' in console. If it looks correct, back to the main page, right click, refresh. If not, you may need to regenerate your keys.
Thanks, tried regenerating keys, that did the trick.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:33:54 pm by graffenwalder »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

I did the wallet rescan blockchain but that didn't help, I did see all (bitasset) transactions popping up though.
My second to last transaction is now on 28 February, with a balance of roughly 5* BTS what it should be.

Any ideas?
Try the command 'balance' in console. If it looks correct, back to the main page, right click, refresh. If not, you may need to regenerate your keys.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline graffenwalder

Any ideas?

Offline vikram

It's possible the wallet database was corrupted from the crash.. do you have a backup file you can try importing?

Reinstall it fresh and try to import . It is asking for passphrase, but when I enter my password it says: invalid password . I know I,m using the right password. What to do ? Thanks

This is a bug affecting some older backups that I have not been able to track down yet.

For now, you can work around this by using 0.5.3 to import the backup, then upgrade it to 0.6.x.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
It's possible the wallet database was corrupted from the crash.. do you have a backup file you can try importing?

Reinstall it fresh and try to import . It is asking for passphrase, but when I enter my password it says: invalid password . I know I,m using the right password. What to do ? Thanks

Offline vikram

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I managed to install 0.6.2 and it was working but  my computer crashed (not related to Bitshares). I restarted the computer and then when I try to long in my Bitshares I have 3 moving dots that are going for a few seconds and then nothing happened. So I did uninstall everything delete everything except the wallet folder, reinstalled Bitshares but I when I try to login I got the same behavior . So basically no matter what I do I can  no longer log in my wallet. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Which OS you're using?

Windows 7

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I managed to install 0.6.2 and it was working but  my computer crashed (not related to Bitshares). I restarted the computer and then when I try to long in my Bitshares I have 3 moving dots that are going for a few seconds and then nothing happened. So I did uninstall everything delete everything except the wallet folder, reinstalled Bitshares but I when I try to login I got the same behavior . So basically no matter what I do I can  no longer log in my wallet. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Which OS you're using?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline oco101

• View Profile