Author Topic: Out of the Loop, back now :-)  (Read 978 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I haven't turned on my mining computer in about 1.5 years
Welcome back! ;) Sounds like you have been living in the woods for a while. Was funny to read your post!

So all you need to secure your investment is the private keys of the protoshares address you had protoshares at (1) before Feb 28th 2014 and (2) after that. I assume you didn't donate to angel shares... If you donated to Angelshares you need to private keys form which you donated.

The challenge is to get your private keys from your compromised computer into a clean machine where you can install the bitshares client (bitshares.org -> downloads). Others are better security experts. I would encrypt the private keys and upload them to dropbox or so.

You own a st(e)ake in Bitshares Play, Bitshares Music, Devshares, and BitShares (main DAC). 

Offline TsonicTsunami

• View Profile
Greetings All,

Really wonderful to see the rapid growth of the Bitshares community. So I was here early on and not a very tech savvy person.
I am a founder of Keehotee and contributed resources to the startup. It was explained and If I understood correctly, I would hold a steak in all
the DAC's that followed. I haven't turned on my mining computer in about 1.5 years and that also holds my Protoshares wallet and Keehotee interface.
I am concerned the computer may hold some malware.

Any assistance or suggestions in getting up to speed so I can ensure my investments are  in order would be greatly appreciated. I know things are moving fast and I see the Invictus page is gone
so that may give you some indication of how long I have been gone.
I am also trying to learn to code in Python so any suggestions with that would be cool too.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and patients.