Author Topic: Invalid cast error + no UIA balance showing now in 0.6.2  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Thom

Thanks for your reply xeroc & sorry about my lack of follow through. I've been crazy busy and put this problem aside to deal with more pressing concerns. I have multiple backups of everything so I'm not concerned about loosing anything.

I've seem a number of similar issues surface from time to time regarding apparently missing account balances and now assets. Often they finally just show up.

It's issues like that which negatively impact user's experiences and erode their confidence and trust the code is working correctly. When I get back to this issue I'll be more diligent in following through with diagnosis such that (to the extent possible) the behavior can be explained and thus avoided.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't understand where my pool of UIAs has gone tho. This wallet has the account they were allocated to for sales distribution and I no longer see them under Assets --> Issue Assets like I did before. I also tried a wallet_rescan_blockchain and still no UIAs to dispense. I noticed in the github milestones there was a major rework in the plans, could this symptom be related to that?
Don't think so .. AFAIK they plan to rework the pegged assets code ..

anyway, let's get your UIA back ..
you can use the CLI version .. it's doing the same thing and opens the same wallet files.
do you have the account that issued/created the assets in "wallet_list_my_accounts"?
if you run wallet_get_account <account> and blockchain_get_account <account> .. do the active keys match?
you should be able to reimport from a backup (make a copy of your wallets folder first) .. with the command wallet_backup_restore

Offline Thom

Here's the error I have in qt wallet under the notification bell:

Code: [Select]
getStackTrace@app.js:28
 ○ request@app.js:34
 ○ get_block_transactions@app.js:32
 ○ app.js:29
 ○ i@app.js:6
 ○ app.js:6
 ○ $eval@app.js:6
 ○ $digest@app.js:6
 ○ $apply@app.js:6
 ○ f@app.js:6
 ○ r@app.js:6
 ○ onload@app.js:6
7 bad_cast_exception: Bad Cast
Invalid cast from object_type to string
    {"type":"object_type"}
    bitshares  variant.cpp:471 as_string

[hide details]

This qt version has crashed 3 times now. However, that was before I chose to install the patch. We'll see. If it crashes again now that the patch is in place I'll try the cli only version.

Don't understand where my pool of UIAs has gone tho. This wallet has the account they were allocated to for sales distribution and I no longer see them under Assets --> Issue Assets like I did before. I also tried a wallet_rescan_blockchain and still no UIAs to dispense. I noticed in the github milestones there was a major rework in the plans, could this symptom be related to that?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html