Author Topic: Sold all of my Bitshares  (Read 9510 times)

Offline yellowecho

To sell now when this project is so young is beyond my comprehension but whatever.

Agreed.  We're currently at version 0.6.2 and people are throwing in the towel?  ::) 
I've been trading exclusively in the client and its already fantastic.. 1.0 is going to blow minds but whatever people can sell shares because I'll buy  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
Bitshares has done many things right, perhaps even most NECESSARY things right. However for its potential to be realized it has not done the SUFFICIENT thing yet ... which is achieve high liquidity of trading and ease of inbound and outbound flows ...

The great lesson to be learned form Ripple Labs is as follows: ONLY after they pivoted to target BANK settlement and NOT consumers Ripple adoption has taken off:

TL;DR:  Liquidity liquidity liquidity ... onramps, onramps, onramps ... offramps, offramps, offramps

:-)

Cheers 

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
I think we're on the cusp of something huge.

+5% I constantly feel this way from hearing all the criticisms against bitcoin, whether its volatility, speed of transactions, POW, addresses, etc and seeing all solutions bitshares has provided to fix these problems. I don't see any competitors in the same league as bitshares at the moment. The building blocks are being laid down right now with the beta releases of web and light wallet, mobile wallets to come as well, these are the biggest things we have needed for so long and the other projects can be built on top of these after. To sell now when this project is so young is beyond my comprehension but whatever.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:56:29 am by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline yellowecho

These are unchartered territories.. a completely new industry with completely new technology.  In my perspective, BitShares has done far more in a single year than Bitcoin has done in its entire existence.  That's not to belittle the effect of Bitcoin but in terms of investment I feel BitShares has certainly delivered.. especially since sizable gains remain from the IPO (donation) period and the technology is greatly improved and continues to do so.

I wish you the best of luck with your investments and hope you remain active in the BitShares community because I think we're on the cusp of something huge.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Tuck Fheman

I have lost hope ...

Noted.

To save bitshares I think you need to ...

I saw a little bit of talk about this earlier ...

I hope you do it soon or else someone else will ...

Yeah, Bitcoin's really paying the price for all of those "features" people (who see a little bit of talk) keep bringing up right after they've lost all hope.

Too bad someone wasn't there to save teh Bitcoin.

Thanks for all you do! 

P.S. I don't know where BitShares would be without these people willing to pay the price and read a little bit about what's going on and then inform the rest of us how they'd do it differently right after letting us know they've lost all hope in the project.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Check Github you'll see some progresses made by the devs.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
I am still investing, just not in bitshares, at least not now.

Yes, these things do take time and I do have patience. I waited over a year. They also cannot move too slowly because innovation happens fast in the tech world. Bitshares is going too slow, has changed direction too many times, and has STILL not figured out the right direction.

Teenage cheese is aged cheese, it is mature, that is the point of name.

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
Its probably a good thing you sold your shares. This isn't a get rich quick scheme. You need PATIENCE. Just because the developers aren't constantly on the forum like in its earlier days does not mean they're not working their asses off. (I hope they are, I'm sure they are).

This forum is a lot quieter lately, I think that's a good thing. Expect breaking news alerts to counteract the mostly dross posts. I've seen it all before with other techs. (I code and I invest - i know how it works). Bitshares development (to me) is going in the right direction. Rome was not built in a day.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
BTS train unloading as many bulls as it can at the bottom before it leaves forever...  It's going to take as few passengers as it can, but the ones that it does will be richly rewarded.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
teenagecheese, I suppose the virtue of patience comes with age. When you become agedcheddar, you will look back on this day wondering what it would have been like if you had done things differently.

I hope you all the best in your future endeavors.

Offline Pheonike

It has at times felt like we are trying to build a house starting with roof.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Did you cash out of Crypto completely?  Sad to see you have lost hope in such exciting times. 

I can see by your join date that you have been around since the beginning thus I hope you keep a close eye on the project.  While founded on solid idea's these projects take baby steps to come to reality.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Hi everyone. I have lost hope in bitshares due to the extended failure of the community to come out with a good product. Repeatedly, I have seen a poor understanding of what makes a good business and a good product.

To save bitshares I think you need to focus on and come out with one, key, killer feature that will increase adoption and open the door to all the other features later. The feature I think you should focus on is making a true decentralized exchange, as I have said before. By true decentralized I mean an exchange you can send real bitcoins to (and other popular cryptos) and then immediately exchange them for other coins. No gateways, no bridges, at least not from the point of view of the user. Just directly to the client.

I saw a little bit of talk about this earlier and it got me excited that at least others are thinking the same thing. Devs, I hope you do this or something like this and I hope you do it soon or else someone else will. Yes, I know it's complicated to implement, but it is what is needed and bitshares is in the perfect position to bring it to the world because you are already on that track. I'll be watching. Good luck.