Author Topic: Sold all of my Bitshares  (Read 9631 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers ...

No investor like a coin that is controlled by a small group of people. The fact has to be verified. If this is true, there needs to be transparency on when this control is over.

If such a group which holds majority of the coin exist , they can vote in and vote out any delegate they want .

We wouldn't be seeing people yelling "BM , please downvote or up vote what what what delegate . "

If such a group exist , I doubt they'll ignore www.bts.hk's delegate proposal and hang them out to dry since bts.hk is doing great for promoting BitShares thus would bring value to this suppose secret group .

By the way , please vote for bts.hk , everybody .  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:30:26 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Hi everyone. I have lost hope in bitshares due to the extended failure of the community to come out with a good product. Repeatedly, I have seen a poor understanding of what makes a good business and a good product.

To save bitshares I think you need to focus on and come out with one, key, killer feature that will increase adoption and open the door to all the other features later. The feature I think you should focus on is making a true decentralized exchange, as I have said before. By true decentralized I mean an exchange you can send real bitcoins to (and other popular cryptos) and then immediately exchange them for other coins. No gateways, no bridges, at least not from the point of view of the user. Just directly to the client.

I saw a little bit of talk about this earlier and it got me excited that at least others are thinking the same thing. Devs, I hope you do this or something like this and I hope you do it soon or else someone else will. Yes, I know it's complicated to implement, but it is what is needed and bitshares is in the perfect position to bring it to the world because you are already on that track. I'll be watching. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGblsNXkJog

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers ...

No investor like a coin that is controlled by a small group of people. The fact has to be verified. If this is true, there needs to be transparency on when this control is over.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
The way i see it at the moment is we rely on bitcoin to continue succeeding and bring more people into this cryptocoin space. I think now bitcoin is entering Wall Street phase over next 2 years and we will begin attracting these types into BitShares once they begin to see the amazing things it has to offer, these people are like our target demographic. Right now I think most bitcoiners aren't too interested in BitShares due to previous PR disasters, bad marketing, and overly complicated presentations but its just a matter of time before we have A LOT more new people invested in this industry with bigger money and looking for the next big thing. By this point we should be ready at least with basic wallets on all platforms and increasing liquidity to get it off the ground properly. The whole concept and philosophy around BitShares is solid and certainly has many advantages over bitcoin itself, I keep saying this I know but I really don't see where the competition is, BitShares is still very young and I have patience...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:53:14 am by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
You sold at the bottom. :(  $0.01 per bts is ridiculously cheap. 

Is it? 

Calling the bottom here is pretty bold as far as I can tell.  Bitshares competitors (NXT, NuShares, Counterparty) are all trading well below the current $25 million market cap.  It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers from speaking their minds on this forum.  Whether the developers did this voluntarily (which I think is most likely the case because they are also large holders) is irrelevant.  The results are the same. 

This is not the formula for a healthy ecosystem and is starting to result in people losing interest (the value of the individual user in the network should not be underestimated).  Recent developments in the bitcoin ecosystem (http://www.nasdaq.com/article/the-first-bitcoin-etf-offers-easy-way-to-profit-from-virtual-currency-gbtc-cm450589) will likely have people questioning the value of maintaining an unproven Bitshares position. 

I've also decided to sit on the sideline for a while to see how this all plays out.
I think compare  with NXT, NuShares, Counterparty, bts is under price
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline wasthatawolf

Is it? 

Calling the bottom here is pretty bold as far as I can tell.  Bitshares competitors (NXT, NuShares, Counterparty) are all trading well below the current $25 million market cap.  It has become obvious through the recent happenings on these forums that a large bulk of Bitshares in circulation are held by a somewhat small group of investors who have successfully gagged the developers from speaking their minds on this forum.  Whether the developers did this voluntarily (which I think is most likely the case because they are also large holders) is irrelevant.  The results are the same. 

This is not the formula for a healthy ecosystem and is starting to result in people losing interest (the value of the individual user in the network should not be underestimated).  Recent developments in the bitcoin ecosystem (http://www.nasdaq.com/article/the-first-bitcoin-etf-offers-easy-way-to-profit-from-virtual-currency-gbtc-cm450589) will likely have people questioning the value of maintaining an unproven Bitshares position. 

I've also decided to sit on the sideline for a while to see how this all plays out. 

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

I agree that liquidity, on/off ramps, ease of use and security are absolutely critical for future growth.  I would also add that rules that punish short sellers liquidity providers will have to be relaxed at some point.  Nobody wants to short gold or btc right now.  The 30 day buyback rule probably limits people from doing this.  I realize this rule was created to bootstrap these markets, but at some point it will have to be relaxed or done away with completey. 

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah man i feel like this too, we put money loose 50% already we put work spreading word and spent time thinking about, now is no gateways to take fiat directly, and about 4000 milions of bts tokens this is clear invitation of downprice for a long time, some little people having huge rewards in this shit phase, while the rest NO. So is going to be normal comunity people burned out, but im sure BitShares potencial possibilities and power, im not going to jump out because this proyect is the best of all cryptos and has best teams coding and creating. i hate cant buy more bts to make my token bag  i have buyed before price down. and hate too not have a shared delegate with other blog forums meetings word spreaders or for people that helps newbies in forum.

sincerily i cant understand this, have 1k millions extra tokens for pay delegates and dont wanna use 1 delegate for this question, to tip people and feel appreciated his time, work etc.. and not feel that his efforts are used to make rich a small group of comunity members and other small group that never read one line in the forum.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Bitshares has done many things right, perhaps even most NECESSARY things right. However for its potential to be realized it has not done the SUFFICIENT thing yet ... which is achieve high liquidity of trading and ease of inbound and outbound flows ...

The great lesson to be learned form Ripple Labs is as follows: ONLY after they pivoted to target BANK settlement and NOT consumers Ripple adoption has taken off:

TL;DR:  Liquidity liquidity liquidity ... onramps, onramps, onramps ... offramps, offramps, offramps

:-)

Cheers

Right on point.  This is why the work Gentso1 is doing is so important.  We need 5 more of him.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Bitshares has done many things right, perhaps even most NECESSARY things right. However for its potential to be realized it has not done the SUFFICIENT thing yet ... which is achieve high liquidity of trading and ease of inbound and outbound flows ...

The great lesson to be learned form Ripple Labs is as follows: ONLY after they pivoted to target BANK settlement and NOT consumers Ripple adoption has taken off:

TL;DR:  Liquidity liquidity liquidity ... onramps, onramps, onramps ... offramps, offramps, offramps

Cheers

Right on point.  This is why the work Gentso1 is doing is so important.  We need 5 more of him.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
For every transaction, there's a seller (you) and a buyer (me).

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Hi everyone. I have lost hope in bitshares due to the extended failure of the community to come out with a good product. Repeatedly, I have seen a poor understanding of what makes a good business and a good product.

To save bitshares I think you need to focus on and come out with one, key, killer feature that will increase adoption and open the door to all the other features later. The feature I think you should focus on is making a true decentralized exchange, as I have said before. By true decentralized I mean an exchange you can send real bitcoins to (and other popular cryptos) and then immediately exchange them for other coins. No gateways, no bridges, at least not from the point of view of the user. Just directly to the client.

I saw a little bit of talk about this earlier and it got me excited that at least others are thinking the same thing. Devs, I hope you do this or something like this and I hope you do it soon or else someone else will. Yes, I know it's complicated to implement, but it is what is needed and bitshares is in the perfect position to bring it to the world because you are already on that track. I'll be watching. Good luck.

To each his own. I wish you all the best in your other investment. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline evolvo

Cheers

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4