Author Topic: 30 million bitshares...  (Read 7559 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

We are preparing to address this topic within the next couple of days once we can get agreement from everyone.    We have been discussing this issue for a while internally.

I would say more, but would rather run things through the proper process.
+5% :)
The process is important. And it is a serious problem to decide 30m bts of market fee where to spend.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
We are preparing to address this topic within the next couple of days once we can get agreement from everyone.    We have been discussing this issue for a while internally.

+5% :)

Offline vikram

Adam Ernest has stated that he will be interested in having a hangout to chat with the community.  So hold your horses :)

Looks like it's been scheduled here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14765.msg191390#msg191390

Offline fuzzy

Adam Ernest has stated that he will be interested in having a hangout to chat with the community.  So hold your horses :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
1. AK should show up and at least give a update. No one wants a Brian 2.0
I believe, AK is already updating us through the PR Spokesman guy - the gagmaster. I think that the fact that you cannot hear him is partially your fault.  :)
Just get used to the Spokesman signature PR move...called 'I have never and will never say a word."

Your right it would be insane to think their was some kind of middle ground.

Because I support PR means I think we should silence everyone, in fact I can't believe we have a forum. Also while we are at it any groups larger then 2 should request a permit from the head party office.

Tonyk2^^^^^ :-*

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Give Rgcrypto 30 million shares and he will give us half a million users.

Here is his blog he is a delegate but needs more funding he recently may have found the magic formula.

https://rgcrypto.wordpress.com
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:17:57 am by eagleeye »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
My view has now progressed: those other DAC business ideas have been a huge distraction away from what is the most needed idea in crypto - trading without counterparty risk.

Yes, I agree.

They are good ideas for the future, when our core functionality is build and has more adoption than currently.  But they have only distracted us so far and caused controversy.

It was ideas about vote that got Bitshares off the rails in the first place with the whole november "merger" fiasco. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Thanks Ander.

What annoys me about this is that I asked questions ages ago about what the business model of vote is, and I dont remember ever getting any clear answers. To this day I still dont believe that blockchain voting services are going to take off.

When I first heard about these other DAC business ideas I thought they were nice ideas but probably wouldnt amount to anything. Thats why I didnt donate to post Feb 28 AGS. My view has now progressed: those other DAC business ideas have been a huge distraction away from what is the most needed idea in crypto - trading without counterparty risk.

If we had just focused on our core BitAssets technology and created the best trading interface around with margin trading and light wallets, we could be out-competing and taking away huge business from the likes of BitFinex, and now Kraken: https://www.kraken.com/img/kraken_preview.jpg

Instead we have diluted our focus into these other minor and peripheral markets, which have probably held back development of our core product by months, and has sucked up funds as this thread has shown.

Anyway the core developers are in gag mode now so I guess we will know even less.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

That said, we do need to see value for this quantity of funds.  I hope the dev team/vote team/chinese whales can come to a reasonable compromise.

Agree.  The current model is very poor for performance tracking and incentivizing performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Can someone explain what the 30 million shares refers to? Was that given to the vote team?
Yes.  (Specifically, their vote stake will vest 30M BTS over two years). 

Rollbacks are death for cryptocurrencies and we need to avoid that.
If some whales are demanding it, they should know better.

That said, we do need to see value for this quantity of funds.  I hope the dev team/vote team/chinese whales can come to a reasonable compromise.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Can someone explain what the 30 million shares refers to? Was that given to the vote team?

zerosum

Interesting.

Meh.. just waiting for the gagmaster to give his nod (by regular  mail apparently) for a trivial announcement like:
 'We have made a strategic decision to significantly increase the impact of our advertising dollars. To achieve that we have decided to significantly reduce any advertising expenditures until we have stable, powerful v.1.0 clients - web, lightweight and desktop ones. In the meantime we are working hard to do bla bla bla.'

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
For me it doesn't matter – i will continue with nullstreet gang!
Decentralize the BitShares marketing ...

Nullstreet is a good example on how to achieve this
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:05:30 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Interesting.