Author Topic: ABRA combined with Bitassets and it Is the end for banks forever!  (Read 4946 times)

Xeldal

I think this could be big, and a great fit for bAssets.  Its essentially a localbitcoins app but the middle step of USD > BTC > USD , has been automated and removed from view essentially.  USD to USD transfer anywhere with a 3 day guarantee on price.  Every smart phone is now a gateway.  I like it.   Its an easy fit for bAssets as well, to extend that 3 day guarantee indefinitely,  then it becomes more of a local wallet, for all currencies.  and noone would even know it was bAssets that make it work.  ..... but then, why have bitcoin at all in that case, you won't need it. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:30:00 pm by Xeldal »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
That requires trust between the two gateways, and the sender trusting both of them.

Using bitAssets for remittance the only trust needed is that the gateway not cheat you while you're physically standing there face to face.

In this case, liquidity will be the problem. You cannot send $10k to Canada because there is only $76 amount of CAD on BTS network. So gateway to gateway is preferred in spite of trust needed.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
That requires trust between the two gateways, and the sender trusting both of them.

Using bitAssets for remittance the only trust needed is that the gateway not cheat you while you're physically standing there face to face.

Offline bitsapphire

Gateway to gateway transfers would make a lot more sense for simple remittances. Using bitAssets only makes sense if you want to hold your value in a decentralized bank.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html