Author Topic: 3 Minute Blocks  (Read 2659 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
No - we seem to rising to our 6 minute target now. No reason for a fork, let alone a horrible one.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline jorneyflair

• View Profile
Oh come on, buddy
Will we get another horrible fork? Ive just  fixed the block chains finally by tons of restarting the machines :'(

Offline xhor

• View Profile
... And then, it suddently halved  8)

Code: [Select]
{
    "blocks" : 741,
    "currentblocksize" : 0,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00000326,
    "errors" : "",
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespermin" : "No information yet. Wait at least 4 minutes after starting mining for estimate.",
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false
}

Code: [Select]
{
    "blocks" : 742,
    "currentblocksize" : 0,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00000174,
    "errors" : "",
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespermin" : "No information yet. Wait at least 4 minutes after starting mining for estimate.",
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false
}

Edit:
Then doubled again...
But the 6 minutes target seems anyhow to be met indeed!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:58:00 pm by xhor »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Thanks Reject! It does get tough to read pages and pages of reports of crashes and difficulties with nodes, but I try not to let it get to me. I value people's reports of their problems because it helps me improve the software, but the juvenile language does grate sometimes.

Anyway - might have spoken too soon about 3 minute blocks - difficultly has suddenly doubled, and looks to be exactly at the 6 minute mark now. That'll teach me to doubt the great Kimoto.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
I typically haven't had any trouble with coin's client/syncing however with the most recent fork I encountered several issues of having to rebuild the blockchain a couple times before they finally now seem to be good.  I've noticed others that they've had same issues, and some are still unresolved. 

My vote (if mine is important lol  :P) is to just keep it the same and see if it anything else arises down the road.

Also side note awesome job and as I hope you are...disregard anyone who is complaining about your coin because they dont have a block.  People are dumb...100 blocks into it and people were complaining about not having a block.  It made me angry for you but at the time i couldn't post on your bitcointalk thread. 

alrighty sorry that's not part of this thread good work man!
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
We seem to have 3 minute blocks, rather than 6 minute blocks as planned. The parameters to Kimoto's Gravity Well haven't acted as expected. It might just take some time to adjust, but it seems to sticking to a difficultly level already, coming in at about 3 minutes.

Not sure how I feel about it, there's pros and cons to it. I thought I'd open a discussion about it anyway.

The way I see it, there's three options.
1. Leave it as it is
2. Well signaled fork to get to 6 minutes
3. Wait to see if another issue arises and piggy-back it if so.