Author Topic: Updates From Adam  (Read 9037 times)

Offline ak

• View Profile
We were recently invited to Oslo, Norway to speak about our voting solution at a national summit.

This seems an exciting time for bts in Norway. And possible private sector' projects. A regular update would be helpful.

We're super excited about this! Since January I've been working with my brother Spectral to increase interest in the beyond bitcoin space here in Norway. This is the first result of our efforts that has been made public. We have also made other arrangements for this event, and we hope in time to be one of the key players here in Norway working for Bitcoin and 2.0 technologies. Doing meetups and fostering relationships does take time, but for the long haul it is an essential component to progress.

When is this event? I'd be interested in attending..

it will be held on March 21-22. PM me and I'll provide you with more details.

Any news?  :)

Yes, we had great fun haha :D

Adam will have a summary of the event ready soon.

Yes! Thanks CLains. We had great success in Norway!! I will be preparing a thorough update to share with the community this week and will be working with my team to plan a marketing campaign to promote the major highlights from my visit as much as possible in the days ahead.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We were recently invited to Oslo, Norway to speak about our voting solution at a national summit.

This seems an exciting time for bts in Norway. And possible private sector' projects. A regular update would be helpful.

We're super excited about this! Since January I've been working with my brother Spectral to increase interest in the beyond bitcoin space here in Norway. This is the first result of our efforts that has been made public. We have also made other arrangements for this event, and we hope in time to be one of the key players here in Norway working for Bitcoin and 2.0 technologies. Doing meetups and fostering relationships does take time, but for the long haul it is an essential component to progress.

Yes, we had great fun haha :D

Adam will have a summary of the event ready soon.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
@ak please check https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15191.0 maybe it's worth to spend some funds

Offline ak

• View Profile

Offline ak

• View Profile

We're super excited about this! Since January I've been working with my brother Spectral to increase interest in the beyond bitcoin space here in Norway. This is the first result of our efforts that has been made public. We have also made other arrangements for this event, and we hope in time to be one of the key players here in Norway working for Bitcoin and 2.0 technologies.

Yes!  +5%

To clarify for the community,@CLains and @Spectral were instrumental in making this meeting possible and deserve a lot of credit for it! They are members of the Pirate Party and are big supporters of BitShares and FMV.

Doing meetups and fostering relationships does take time, but for the long haul it is an essential component to progress.

Agreed! +5%

We started a BitShares meetup group here in Blacksburg, VA, back in September of 2014. We are meeting monthly and usually have about 20-30 people in attendance. All referrals from follow-my-vote to date have been generated this way. We hope to increase both the number of regular attendees and referrals gained from these meetups in the future.

Offline ak

• View Profile
I don't agree with the strategy of approaching the public sector. I think the public sector will be hostile to the Bitshares community at first. I would like to see you approach the private sector because the private sector knows how to use email at least in the United States.

The numbers aren't great but it's a start. We can compare February to March to see if marketing is effective.

thank you for your comments. I agree that the private sector will be a lot easier to tackle. we are shifting the majority of our focus there in the near term and will keep the community posted on any noteworthy strides. to this end, we are currently exploring our options to host elections for political primaries, as it is totally up to the political parties to decide which voting systems are used in their elections and the systems used don't have to abide by any of the laws and regulations that governments backed elections, which is exciting!

with respect to the numbers, we hope to see an increase in march. but you're right, we are just getting started.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline ak

• View Profile
Thanks for the update ..
What I'd like to see is a status update thread for VOTE and FMV with kind of regular (biweekly or so) updates .. would that be possible?

You're welcome! To answer your question, I met with @Gentso1 today and we discussed at length the community's desire to receive more regular updates from me. He has graciously agreed to serve as a go between for me and the rest of the community, as needed. To this end, we will be meeting on a regular basis moving forward, so that I can share FMV updates with him, which he will relay to to community via the forums. He will also be standing in for me, as needed, during regularly scheduled mumbles events/dev hangouts in order to keep the community more informed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:45:27 pm by ak »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

yup me too !
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think you're doing a heck of a nice job on social media.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Who has writing privileges to the facebook and twitter accounts?

fb = rgcrypto & Adam & me
Twitter = Adam and FMV

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Who has writing privileges to the facebook and twitter accounts?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101