Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 62302 times)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
What's going on with Doge? BitShares got pushed to #6  :-X

Tuck Fheman

that may have been the max? you now cannot sell bitUSD. it's back.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:48:37 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I'm not sure how I screwed you...

By giving away my master plan! 
I have been solely whaling this BTS drop with my 500+ million BTS!

If it weren't for that pesky Ander, it would have succeeded too... :(

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
 - gizmoh (bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=87919)

The very very sad thing about all this is how many people I constantly watch in cryptocurrency focusing so much on the price that they forget why we got into crypto in the first place.  Instead of changing the paradigm to one that empowers everyone, they are willing to lie to others to make a quick buck---and damn those they lie to. 

I was actually kicked from the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club for talking about the Ponzi nature of Nubits/Nushares while the admin pushed "the last thing we should be doing is calling out other cryptocurrencies.  We are all in this together!"  bs.  So sad. 

I personally am so pumped.  Let me explain why:

-MetaExchange
-3D Printing Alliance growing
-Open Source Hardware
-DataSecurity Shares
-MoonStone
-CryptoFresh
-LimeWallet
-Nathans Wallet
-MineBitShares
-PLAY
-MUSIC
-BitSharesTV
-NullStreet Marketers
-Other DACs some are considering working on that I am not at liberty to talk about
-...and many others I am not thinking of atm.

Not so very long ago we didn't have any of these....now we are making progress.  Now if only we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot by trying to be something we are not... :)

When I see all those initiatives coming together I really get the feeling Bitshares is going to be HUGE, and I'm not talking market cap-wise, but feature-wise. When I look at market cap, the only thing it tells me is that several whales have lost faith and that some traders are riding the down trend. Is it market manipulation or a general sentiment that Bitshares isn't going anywhere? I honestly don't know.

The danger we face is if the market cap stays this low long enough, all the 100% delegates won't be able to put in as much time as they use to in Bitshares, because they'll have to work full time on other projects to pay their bills and feed their family.

If the market cap could get back up to at least $75M in a reasonable amount of time, it will at least secure a relatively decent salary to all those 100% delegates, and limit the risk of having those delegates leave their jobs for other more profitable projects. I'm sure all of them are truly dedicated to Bitshares, but everybody needs to pay their bills.

From there, I wouldn't mind if the market cap stays at the same level for a couple of years, I'm in here for the long run.

When investing, your best friend is time.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline fuzzy

Fun fact... it took less than 12hrs from all the crying about the market engine being broken today to it being fixed and making most of the commentary that attached/attacked with that null and void and look rather.. umm.. <fill in the blank>.

It's fixed.. you will have to switch to a new default complaint card... lets make it a good one.. I want to keep buying at this price as long as possible honestly. :)

I've been rather bullish all the way down, and supporting the system by shorting. I'm okay losing money when the price goes down, I'm okay losing BTS when the price goes down, but losing BTS because of a programming error and being laughed at, that's shitty.

It is definitely shitty.  It does hurt.  100% agreed.  However, I will also say that no matter how painful we should always remember that we are working with something that is really still in Beta.

When it is no longer Beta...and the risks are significantly lower of bugs causing problems....make sure you are not shorting BTS :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Fun fact... it took less than 12hrs from all the crying about the market engine being broken today to it being fixed and making most of the commentary that attached/attacked with that null and void and look rather.. umm.. <fill in the blank>.

It's fixed.. you will have to switch to a new default complaint card... lets make it a good one.. I want to keep buying at this price as long as possible honestly. :)

I've been rather bullish all the way down, and supporting the system by shorting. I'm okay losing money when the price goes down, I'm okay losing BTS when the price goes down, but losing BTS because of a programming error and being laughed at, that's shitty.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"

The very very sad thing about all this is how many people I constantly watch in cryptocurrency focusing so much on the price that they forget why we got into crypto in the first place.  Instead of changing the paradigm to one that empowers everyone, they are willing to lie to others to make a quick buck---and damn those they lie to. 

I was actually kicked from the Cryptocurrency Collectors Club for talking about the Ponzi nature of Nubits/Nushares while the admin pushed "the last thing we should be doing is calling out other cryptocurrencies.  We are all in this together!"  bs.  So sad. 

-MetaExchange
-Open Source Hardware
-DataSecurity Shares
-MoonStone
-CryptoFresh
-LimeWallet
-Nathans Wallet
-MineBitShares
-PLAY
-MUSIC
-BitSharesTV
-NullStreet Marketers
-Other DACs some are considering working on that I am not at liberty to talk about

Not so very long ago we didn't have any of these....now we are making progress.  Now if only we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot by trying to be something we are not... :)

There seems to be an expectation that BTS is a little speed boat zipping towards the land of insta-riches.

BTS is a juggernaut that is going to roll over the world. Slowly, inexorably.

It is picking up momentum but folks can't see it.

Pity. I'll just keep DCAing each week and see ya'll in five years...

To Oldman,

You are not only "old" but wise.  5 years is about the point I think we will be at when we are truly a juggernaut too, but my timeline already started over a year ago, so it is actually closer to 4 in my mind...of course this is just splitting hairs and takes attention away from the main point:  Patience will reward us handsomely. 

I am seeing so many amazing things going on behind the scenes...

Oh, btw, I forgot two:
Roadscape and Bitscape's roadtrip, Rune and Riverhead's UIA....

Offline oldman

• View Profile

-MetaExchange
-Open Source Hardware
-DataSecurity Shares
-MoonStone
-CryptoFresh
-LimeWallet
-Nathans Wallet
-MineBitShares
-PLAY
-MUSIC
-BitSharesTV
-NullStreet Marketers

There seems to be an expectation that BTS is a little speed boat zipping towards the land of insta-riches.

BTS is a juggernaut that is going to roll over the world. Slowly, inexorably.

It is picking up momentum but folks can't see it.

Pity. I'll just keep DCAing each week and see ya'll in five years...

Offline fuzzy

-MetaExchange
-Open Source Hardware
-DataSecurity Shares
-MoonStone
-CryptoFresh
-LimeWallet
-Nathans Wallet
-MineBitShares
-PLAY
-MUSIC
-BitSharesTV
-NullStreet Marketers

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:42:45 pm by fuzzy »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

I love this thread. The price will be this, no, the price will be that, no wait, the cap should be going up! OMG you guys come on..

This thread is the new https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.239420.

Tuck Fheman

everyone investing in BTS lost money except those scammers who got in for free.

please elaborate.

FWIW, I feel like anyone buying at this price is 'scamming' the ignorant ... and I'm personally responsible for 'scamming' a lot of ignorant people this week.

I want to slap the panic sellers and alert them to the mistake they are making ... and I do, unless the person is being an ass during their exit speech.

And if there are those making it clear they are exiting and there's no turning back, I find it hard to pass up on such a great deal and I feel the need to help them along at a faster pace (since they were leaving anyway).

More for the hodlers ... and at a better price!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

100% agree with you on pretty much everything Ken...though I wince to read Mr. Rothschild quoted anywhere---no matter how true his words.  :P

Yes, people always drag out that quote about 10 times before the true bottom.
True blood wouldve been if it hit .5 cent last night.  True blood was Jan 13 in bitcoin when it was down 40% within a 24 hour period.

That said, the volume today in BTS was significant, and this could be a bottom, IF this level holds, and we continue to bounce.  The market engine being broken and the resulting attempt to manipulate the price down by bitUSD whales in order to ruin the longs is a good potential bottom.  If they succeed, then these whales 'steal' a bunch of BTS from the bitUSD shorts right at the bottom, and then they have incentive to drive it back up again.

Oh Ander, there you go again screwing me...the biggest BTS whale here...when I was preparing to drink the blood running through the streets and become an all-powerful market vampire....
thank you greatly.  >:(