Author Topic: Bter not allowing BitShares withdrawals due to unstable BTS wallet they say  (Read 10199 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The problem with dumping for btc and withdrawing is that youre losing value right now.  Its like taking a 5%+ loss to get your money now.  If they fix the wlalet we can get out without losing.

(Of course, if it never gets fixed then the people who got money out will be happy, so basically if you dump at a loss to be able to withdraw you're betting that withdrawal never gets fixed.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Or just withdraw as Bitcoin because that works too.
This would explain the downward pressure on the market right now...

Yes.  Bter is responsible for the tanking price of many coins right now.
Dev's need to help them fix their wallet so we can withdraw, then people will have their coins again and not be so scared, and the price will go back up.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Hello,

I Sent this to the Bter support:

"Mar 13, 17:29

When am I going to be able to withdraw my BitShares? I'm already waiting since weeks.
Yesterday BTS withdrawals were enabled and I submitted it but now today I see its disabled again and the funds remain in my Bter account.
When do you expect to have BTS withdrawals working 100%?"

They Replied:

"Mar 13, 17:46

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal is suspended . The new BTS wallet is not stable and we have contacted the BTS dev team .

We will process the bts withdrawal later when the wallet is proven to be stable enough.

Best Regards
Bter.com"

What is the issue with the BitShares wallet on Bter? Can someone from BitShares have a look at this?

I have my coins stuck there since weeks, please help.
A way around this problem is to sell your BTS on Bter.  Buy Litecoin (LTC) and withdraw your LTC to another exchange (LTC withdrawal on Bter is working).  Then rebuy your BTS and move your BTS to your desktop wallet.  This works and takes about 30 mins to complete.

Or just withdraw as Bitcoin because that works too.
This would explain the downward pressure on the market right now...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Is anyone from the dev team working with them on this?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Yet they are allowing deposits.  I guess an unstable wallet only affects withdrawals... so ponzi-ish.
lol thought the same thing when I tried to withdraw. Was trading with a very small amount, but still want it back

Lol
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yet they are allowing deposits.  I guess an unstable wallet only affects withdrawals... so ponzi-ish.
lol thought the same thing when I tried to withdraw. Was trading with a very small amount, but still want it back

Offline Pairmike

Hello,

When am I going to be able to withdraw my BitShares? I'm already waiting since weeks.
Yesterday BTS withdrawals were enabled and I submitted it but now today I see its disabled again and the funds remain in my Bter account.

They Replied:

Dear Sir,
BTS withdrawal is suspended . The new BTS wallet is not stable and we have contacted the BTS dev team .

We will process the bts withdrawal later when the wallet is proven to be stable enough.

Best Regards
Bter.com"

What is the issue with the BitShares wallet on Bter? Can someone from BitShares have a look at this?

A way around this problem is to sell your BTS on Bter.  Buy Litecoin (LTC) and withdraw your LTC to another exchange (LTC withdrawal on Bter is working).  Then rebuy your BTS and move your BTS to your desktop wallet.  This works and takes about 30 mins to complete.

https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline Grusmir

• View Profile
Hello,

They Replied:

Dear Sir,

Best Regards
Bter.com"

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:57:36 am by Grusmir »